Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need flashing help.

Options
  • 21-10-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Come a bit unstuck trying to flash a 360 for the first time.

I've followed the guide(360 hacking for noobs) pretty well i thought. I have an Hitachi v47. Have the 360 in b-mode by booting the slax, now i've rebooted Vista, leaving the 360 turned on.

Then i used xbins to download the "iXtreme1.4_Hitachi.rar", unrar'd that and moved it onto my C: drive. I then ran "FLASHIX.BAT", selected drive "H", speed 5x, then i named the backup folder, then hit enter. And it starts flashing. But it doesn't get passed the first part. Its stuck...... i guess. Anyway, here is what it says.

FLASHING DRIVE h:\ HITACHI v.47_16s FIRMWARE SPEED 5x

Flashing 01/11 Sector 90003000 (Xtreme Custom Code)
    It just stays on this for a long time.

So, can anyone help me out? Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

When using vista make sure when opening any program that you open it by right clicking and run as admin. Also when connecting your 360 to your Sata card make sure its connected to sata port 0, which is usually the sata your PC's C drive is connected to.

First time I flashed my benQ drive. It wouldn't work coz I was using Sata port 1 and not 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Cheers for the reply, yeah, i always select 'run as admin'. Regards sata, i connect my 360 using a pci sata controller card.

Its doing my head in now. Nothings ever easy.

Advertisement