Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying to new zealand

Options
  • 21-10-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    Hopin to fly to auckland next feb,any ideas on best airline(economy)????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I've been down here since March 08 and by far the cheapest airline for us at the time was Singapore Airlines. I booked through Southall travell in the UK http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/

Cost about 650 one way if I remember correctly. Their inflight entertainment and service is second to none, plus if you fly from Heathrow-Singapore you'll get a spin on the lovey new Airbus A380 :) I got a cheap aer lingus flight to Heathrow, stayed in a hotel for the night and flew Heathrow-Singapore-Auckland with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yeah, I'd recommend Singapore. Avoid LAX at all costs. They keep you in a quarantine room for the 4 hour stopover with Lays crisps and a Mountain Dew dispenser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yep. Changi airport in Singapore is one of the world's finest...loads to do on a stopover, massages, free cinema, tours of the city, lovely restaurants and VERY friendly airport staff. We got a room in the stopover hotel which is within the terminal for about 8 hours for very cheap which was great if you have trouble sleeping on planes. They do quite cheap electronic gear like cameras and phones in their shops also.

http://www.changiairport.com/

And yet despite this, having flown the LHR>AKL route at least 5 times, I've always gone through LAX :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why do they quarantine the pax? Don't pax have to pass thru US immigration to transit?

• Advertisement

Pax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Passengers.

Yes, in LAX transit passengers have to pass through a designated security desk, with photograph and passport inspection. It's pretty horrible.

Advertisement