Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 3 New Talent?

• 21-10-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

What's your top 3 new, fresh and up and coming talent?
    From anywhere in the world incl here.

I'm sick of the Tommy Tiernans (people who rates/like him i call TT's, "or titties":p) and the Ed Byrnes and Dara O's of this comedy world.

For fresh new sets, who's worth watching out for or googling or looking for stuff on youtube for?

Rgds,
    NIF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Any of the guys who post here :o

Also check out that Gearóid Farelly lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Depends on how new we're talking. If we're talking people who are just on the edge of breaking through to being big stars then in Ireland I'd go for Jarleth Regan, Robbie Bonham and Collum Mc Donnell. All gonna be big

If we're talking newish people starting out who are looking like great prospects I'd highly recommend keeping an eye out for Garoid Farrelly, James Marsh, Damon Blake, Dan O Shae and Barry Mac (couldn't narrow it down to 3, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

If new means "hasn't got a DVD yet, or had their own show at Vicar Street", I would recommend

John Lynn
    Gar Murran
    Robbie Bonham

If new means "hasn't supported anyone at Vicar Street yet", I would recommend

James Marsh
    George Fox
    Damon Blake

For me these are some of the most impressive newbie's out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

its incredibly hard to give you three, so im gonna give you more, impo id say theres:

robbie bonham
    damon blake
    james marsh
    dan o shea
    gary fay
    jim elliot
    garoid farelly
    barry mac
    derek ryan...

and ive gone 3 times over what you asked me.....just head to bota and ymore thn likely you are gonna see someone that SHOULD make it....you want my opinion on people that probably will make it, thats the list above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

all great suggestions - thanks to all.
    I'm just tired of all the olde worn out same old acts - new blood rocks.:P

• Advertisement

Also check out Kieran lawless (don't think he's been mentioned yet), love taht guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Wow! 3/3! Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! :D

Yeah, I'd agree with the other names mentioned.

Also, two other 'newbies' I'd look out for are Steve Elliot and Aidan Killian.

Is Graham Dowling still doing it? He's quite promising.

Colum McDonnell should be alot bigger than he is (no pun intended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

robbie bonham
    damon blake
    james marsh
    dan o shea
    gary fay
    jim elliot
    garoid farelly
    barry mac
    derek ryan...
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Kieran lawless

Coincidentally, all of these guys performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this year in The Best of New Irish Comedy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 houseoffun

For what it's worth...

John Lynn
    Jarlath Regan
    Gar Murran

Of the new acts I've seen lately

Barry Mac
    James Marsh
    Derek Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Wow! 3/3! Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys! :D

Yeah, I'd agree with the other names mentioned.

Also, two other 'newbies' I'd look out for are Steve Elliot and Aidan Killian.

Is Graham Dowling still doing it? He's quite promising.

Colum McDonnell should be alot bigger than he is (no pun intended)

Just saw this, Cheers Robbie! That means a hell of a lot! Skiddoosh! :)

On a side note ...

Aidan is smashin' too. I gigged with him a couple of times & he's so relaxed up there. I supported Colum McDonnell in a college gig last week (he didn't notice though!). He was great & picked on some lummox in the crowd that annoyed me earlier so I was doubly impessed!

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Coincidentally, all of these guys performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this year in The Best of New Irish Comedy show

The most appropriately named show of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My 'good friend' Mrs Murphy had the pleasure of MCing gigs recently with Gary Fay, Robbie Bonham, and Barry Mack (all in one night). And indeed would second and 3rd the kudos!

Saw Kieran MC a gig recently too, and he did a great job.

Advertisement