Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony radio won't tune in even stations

Options
  • 21-10-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey guys

Got a SONY MEX-BT2600 on ebay so it's from the states, however it will only tune in radio stations in uneven numbers. ie: 103.7, 103.9 etc...

Hence I can't get a lot of stations! Any ideas whether or not this can be fixed? I tried changing the area on it etc, nothing works...

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Sounds like an ODD radio :D sorry I couldn't resist :D

Is there a reset button anywhere on it? Thats the only thing I can think of short of bringing it to a Sony Dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

no, rang the support place they said cos it's american it'll only do uneven searches! I was hoping maybe somewhere could rewire the thing so it searches even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

You could try posting in the Tech forum. There is a Hobby Radio section, someone there might be able to help you :) I'm not very technical, so I really can't help

Good shout thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you need to get a band expander for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

draffodx wrote: »
    you need to get a band expander for it

x2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I imported a HU from the states a while back and did extensive research on this,in the end i took the hit as the saving was big and i mainly use the stereo for ipod and bluetooth not radio.

My main method of attack was getting the firmware changed i went to sony but the were having none of it! surprise surprise,so i gave up in the end.

A band expander wont fix your problem,band expanders are used for jap imports where the car radios have a bandwidth of 14MHz (76-90MHz) compared to the european bandwidth of 20MHz (88-108MHz),the problem with US radios is that in the states no radio station broadcasts on an even frequency only odd i.e 99.1,99.3,99.5 etc so the radios only go up in odd increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

^^^
    Different Freq as opposed to different Band so the expander wont make a difference,no workaround available either,well none that wouldnt cost more than you paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

You need one of these -> http://www.edl.co.nz/ConvertersHP/pb1500.htm

Bought one few years back but never used it (stereo was robbed before I got
    a chance to install it :rolleyes:).

Have it at home somewhere.

Cool thanks where did you get that? And how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Bought it from the website in previous post. If you email them they will give
    you a quote on shipping (very nice to deal with). I think it cost about €80 all in but I'd say you could get it cheaper now, with the exchange rates being the way they are.

Ah right thanks for the info...

Think i'll leave it not worth it just to listen to FM104 and bloody Spin!

Advertisement