Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Cheapest place to get his anybody? Would I be able to get a region free if I didn't mind waiting?

Tis region free all right. Ordered mine on Tuesday. 35e from the glorious play-asia. Fable 2 is also region free... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Tis region free all right. Ordered mine on Tuesday. 35e from the glorious play-asia. Fable 2 is also region free... :D
    Good stuff. Will be getting them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    far cry 2 infact has abosolutly nothing in relation to far cry 1 which is a bit of a shame. I'm still boggled as to wheather i should buy the pc version or the xbox 360..is there gameplay differences or just graphical?

The console version isn't a straight port at all. Inferior graphics, shorter game, far more linear and a different plot for the xbox version. Go with the pc original which was I found to superior in every aspect-bar the crazily difficult last level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The console version isn't a straight port at all. Inferior graphics, shorter game, far more linear and a different plot for the xbox version. Go with the pc original which was I found to superior in every aspect-bar the crazily difficult last level.

So you've completed the XBOX version the whole way through then as well?? You must have if you can make a statement like that...well its either that or you're just a PC nazi..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

DarkJager wrote: »
    So you've completed the XBOX version the whole way through then as well?? You must have if you can make a statement like that...well its either that or you're just a PC nazi..

Only game on xbox now but still rate the pc version higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The original PC game was good for the first half and then it just turned to muck later on when those jumping guys arrived. Anybody remember the silly hitboxes they had, you would strafe past one of their jumping attacks just to die even though he was nowhere near you.

They were only in it for a couple of levels though. Once you get out of the research facility they're mostly killed for you by the cleanup crews. They were pretty awful though. Especially the ones with the rocket launchers for arms, like something out of the original Doom, but with slow-moving rockets.

I only tried the demo of the 360 one, was good craic in multiplayer. Leaping about the place was quite fun. Is the 360 one not the same game as PC but with smaller environments and extra levels in the Instincts/Predator pack? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

FarCry 2 will be one of the best games out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

FarCry 2 will be one of the best games out this year

I salute your reasoning sir :pac:

Elem wrote: »

I agree....haven't been this eager to get my hands on a game like this since GTA 4 :) And a long weekend as well, could the timing be any better?? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't played it yet personally, but a friend says it's the most immersive fps he's ever played, and he's played A LOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just got it there last night, only had a chance to play it for about 10 mins....But the outdoors look amazing, but not as good as all those videos of it we saw in the run up to its release....it takes a lot of shooting to drop an enemy too...

I think it could a while to get into it, i cant wait to get stuck into after work today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The 360 version is region-free and about €42 on Play-Asia including delivery.

My 360 is out for repair so I have no other choice but to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

My 360 is out for repair so I have no other choice but to wait.

Haha...Mine too

The best possible time for it to break :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Elem wrote: »

I concur. I haven't had this buzz about a game since the release day of Half Life 2 on Steam. I've just picked up FC2 for PC during my lunch break. Looking forward to giving it a bash this evening after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Price check again. I need to buy in Ireland today.

Cheapest price for Far Cry 2? Where? And Fable2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Price check again. I need to buy in Ireland today.

Cheapest price for Far Cry 2? Where? And Fable2?

Far Cry 2 €60 in Xtravision

Fable 2 €50 in Xtravision

Both class too! :)

Got it this morning and now stuck in work :(:( Have to say it was well worth the wait. The action is just non stop, and its the little things that make it so good. the guns jamming in the middle of a gunfight, the fire spreading, the adjusting of bones and removing of shrapnel, I could keep going.

The AI from what I've witnessed, isn't as stupid as some people are making out. I've been stalked as far as my safe house and had groups of enemies wait outside to ambush me, they also try to help their wounded comrades (which usually gets them killed as well :))

The one downside IMO is the dialogue. How did it pass the game testers? Its so sped up it sounds in some places like they just got different variations of Microsoft Sam to speak the lines, while others are like some badly dubbed kung fu movie...

However dialogue isn't going to ruin a game, and everything else is top notch so far. Can't wait to get properly stuck into this for the long weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The amount of driving you have to do is unreal. The map is too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

creggy wrote: »
    The amount of driving you have to do is unreal. The map is too big.

ya man playing this for most of the day. the map is crazy big. it just goes on and on and on....

You play mulitplayer??? not impressed to be honest, the lag is wicked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Far Cry 2 €60 in Xtravision

Fable 2 €50 in Xtravision

Both class too! :)

Seen Far Cry 2 in HMV for €55 today with 4 extra levels. Don't know anything about the extra levels but its a few € cheaper than most places.
    I got mine from gamesnash.ie but it only arrived on Friday, hoping I would have it on Thursday cos I was off early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm loving all of the South African voice overs. It's quite cool to be able to understand what the mercs are saying (Afrikaans) when they try and flank you.

I'm really enjoying this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Isn't that the same as dutch ya.

As for prices Argos lads is cheap. Plus you get a 5 euro gift card when you spend over 50 euro.

just killed some african dude by accidently setting an ammo crate on fire, now that was cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Is there a way to set a marker on the map so you don't have to keep looking down when driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

€53 in HMV. Code for those extra missions...6aPHuswe.(enter under promotional content)
    As above don't know anything about these missions but I put the code in and it told me I've unlocked missions.

Really enjoying this game, its seems to get better and better all the time...

2 questions though..

Any of ye doing the missions from the Gun shop, i did a few, and now there is nobody in the gun shop to get more missions off...i know you have to have no active mission for that guy to appear...this happen to anyone else?

Any of ye're buddies die? One of mine did, i hit him with 3 health syringes and he still died, dunno if it was scripted or what!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Any of ye doing the missions from the Gun shop, i did a few, and now there is nobody in the gun shop to get more missions off...i know you have to have no active mission for that guy to appear...this happen to anyone else?

Any of ye're buddies die? One of mine did, i hit him with 3 health syringes and he still died, dunno if it was scripted or what!

To answer your first Q.
    Yeah it happened to me too. I figured I try and do all the Gun Shop Missions first so I could unlock as many guns as possible to make the game more interesting but just like you the missions dried up pretty quickly. I have a few more weapons to unlock but the dude just aint appearing but I presume he will reappear later in the game.

As for your second Q
    My buddy just kept asking for more. There's an achievement on the 360 tied to it so im guessing its scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Apparently in the US they got 6 extra missions instead of 4.

Maybe a different code might unlock the 6 missions as opposed to 4 or maybe not.

Did anyone over here have any success unlocking 6 missions?

Actually heres the codes from cheatplanet.
    6aPHuswe - Unlocks 4 extra missions.
    Cr34ufrE - Unlocks 6 bonus missions
    tr99pUkA - Unlocks 6 extra missions.
    2Tuw5esw - Unlocks 6 bonus missions

Someone try the 6 mission code and let me know if it works and you get 6 missions instead of 4.
    Am gonna get this game soon for xmas.

ya, hopefully when i get into it more, the weapons guy will come back...im only 16% in so far...

As the buddie dying, that was a pain, my Rescue Ready buddie doesnt appear now either, so i better be careful with no backup from now on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I've only played the first hour and a half (about 4% in) and the game strikes me as repetitive.
    Is it?

Also it takes ages to get anywhere.

Advertisement