Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads' cars vs Girls' cars

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Ever seen a car and think "Ah that's a nice car", only for some smart*rse to turn around and tell you "Yes, but it's a girls' car"? :o

So let's get a comprehensive list once and for all. And I'm not talking about serious "boy racer" cars here

Girls' Cars: Audi TT, Hyundai Coupe, New Mini
    Lads' Cars:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lads car = nissan skyline
    Lasses car = Volkswagon golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I give this thread a life expectancy of just 10 more posts.
    Someone pass the popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Toyota Yaris for the ladies/grannies

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there isn't a car in existence that someone won't say is a 'girls car'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I give this thread a life expectancy of just 10 more posts.
    Someone pass the popcorn.
    *Passes popcorn*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

copacetic wrote: »
    there isn't a car in existence that someone won't say is a 'girls car'

I'd like to see them say it about a 08 camaro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Renault Clio is a bit of a ladies car...especially the V6

Mazada Mx-5(all of em)
    Toyota MRS
    Ford Street Ka
    Suzuki Cappucino
    smart Car ( all of em)
    bmw z3

all of which are girls cars...can't think of much else yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Johnny Drama

Suzuki Jimmy
    Mini Cooper & Mini One
    Renault Clio
    Ford Ka
    Toyota Yaris
    Nissan Micra
    Honda HRV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

Anything that burns derv and has a turbo strapped onto it is definitely a lads cars, as no girl could handle all them torques :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Clio.

*salts popcorn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Suzuki Jimmy
    Mini Cooper & Mini One
    Renault Clio
    Ford Ka
    Toyota Yaris
    Nissan Micra
    Honda HRV

Mini coopers are one of the funnest cars ive ever driven. Bit girly unmodified. but with a few bits they look the dogs.

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Mini coopers are one of the funnest cars ive ever driven. Bit girly unmodified. but with a few bits they look the dogs.

That's true..ya can't fault a Mini Cooper tuned by hamann!
    unreal car..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

fiat cinquecento
    punto

citron c3...

Popcorn??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If Sabine Schmitz or Vickey Butler-Henderson were behind the wheel I would not give a rat's ass if it was a Nissan Micra CC in pink or a Veyron!

Bring it on ladies...:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

fullstop wrote: »
    *Passes popcorn*

All BMW's are girlie cars...:D

/sits back and munches popcorn emot-munch.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

CRX-Lads car
    CRX Del Sol-Ladies car

Peugeot 206-Ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I hired an 207CC auto a couple of weeks ago (it was the last available car in the airport, honest).

Whilst I don't really buy into the "girl/boy car" idea - I've previously owned an MX5 and Mini Cooper S - I have to say it would take a man with very unusual priorities to buy a 206CC auto. From my perspective, it had zero redeeming features (actually, it was quite refined on the motorway for a convertible due to the folding hard top).

But to go with stereotype, the ultimate boy cars must be things like Caterhams, Elises, and Evos.

My wife never once went passenger in my Caterham, in two years of ownership, let alone would consider driving the thing. I have a friend with a Honda Elise, and he says the same. Many women find these sort of cars uncomfortable, noisy and pointless.

That said, everyone should own an MX5 at some point. They're great little cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Girls Car - Porsche Boxsters

*casts out line and sits patiently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I think the new Fiat 500 is a terrific little car, taking the plain but useful Panda and giving it the style and the kinds of equipment which would tempt a driver of a bigger car to downsize, but I'm sure that in Ireland it will fall into the "girl's car" bin.

• Advertisement

I think the new Fiat 500 is a terrible car, taking the cheap and practical Panda, removing it's most compelling features and giving it the price tag which would only tempt someone who has completely lost their senses. Definitely one for the bin.

Seriously though, in it's home environment (Italy) a Panda is almost a thing of beauty, the original 500 a thing of wonder, but the new 500 a trinket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Lumen wrote: »
    IBut to go with stereotype, the ultimate boy cars must be things like Caterhams, Elises, and Evos.

Agreed, boys cars, but the only men you see in them are in midlife crisis..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Zube wrote: »
    I think the new Fiat 500 is a terrific little car, taking the plain but useful Panda and giving it the style and the kinds of equipment which would tempt a driver of a bigger car to downsize, but I'm sure that in Ireland it will fall into the "girl's car" bin.

Alex Del Piero's car.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Agreed, boys cars, but the only men you see in them are in midlife crisis..........

Nope, midlife crisis cars must be expensive, comfy and attractive.

The 911 is the archetypal midlife crisis car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Girl's cars
    Soft roaders like Rav 4's, Hyundai Tucson, Suzuki Vitara. All Girls cars. Men just don't look right driving them.

Men's cars
    If you want a 4 x 4, get a Land Rover Defender - it has 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel. Anything else is a luxury that only big jessies would want. Failing that, get a Jeep Wrangler - open top to show you don't care about the weather cause you're a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Men's cars:

Ford Mustang Boss 429
    Dodge Charger R/T
    Plymouth Barracuda 440

Womsn's cars:

Hyundai Coupé
    Vauxhall Tigra
    Ford Ka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I'd like to see them say it about a 08 camaro.

All Camaros are girls cars, they're horrendous to drive, just look nice ; the main criteria for a girls car AFIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Any 4x4 without a tow bar is a girls/soccer mom's car

Takes a handful of popcorn and passes the bucket on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jaycen wrote: »
    All Camaros are girls cars, they're horrendous to drive, just look nice ; the main criteria for a girls car AFIK.
    I'd say the opposite is true - Pumas, MINIs, and MX5s are girls cars, whereas a BMW 318i that's been vomited on by M-tech. is not.

• Advertisement

This brings back memories of primary school.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement