Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads' cars vs Girls' cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd assumed that that was the idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite is true - Pumas, MINIs, and MX5s are girls cars, whereas a BMW 318i that's been vomited on by M-tech. is not.

A camaro of any vintage is no M-Tech, drive one, they're awful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Men's cars
    Failing that, get a Jeep Wrangler - open top to show you don't care about the weather cause you're a man!

WTF? Didn't Cousin Daisy drive one of those? Very girly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Girl's cars have "AA breakdown assist stickers" for when they can't change a wheel, run out of petrol, lock keys in the car.

Men don't need the AA as we can change a tyre, know that a car needs petrol every now and then and know that you need keys to get back into the car.

Back on topic
    Girl Car - furry pink dice hanging off rear view mirror and cushions on the rear parcel shelf

Goes away to get nachos and cheese as popcorn is for girls.:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Victor_M wrote: »
    Any 4x4 without a tow bar is a girls/soccer mom's car

Takes a handful of popcorn and passes the bucket on

Ban please...

:p

• Advertisement

Dyflin wrote: »
    WTF? Didn't Cousin Daisy drive one of those? Very girly...

Ever drove one? I had one for a while in California and it had no power steering. I ended up with muscles like Arnie. Girl's car? I'd hate to see the girl that could steer one of those beasts. BTW mine had a 4 litre engine not the girly 2.5l that they sold here.

Hammertime wrote: »
    Ban please...

:p

+1

Didn't know that Sarah Palin posted on Boards. Who else but a yank calls football "soccer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lumen wrote: »
    I hired an 207CC auto a couple of weeks ago (it was the last available car in the airport, honest).

Whilst I don't really buy into the "girl/boy car" idea - I've previously owned an MX5 and Mini Cooper S - I have to say it would take a man with very unusual priorities to buy a 206CC auto. From my perspective, it had zero redeeming features (actually, it was quite refined on the motorway for a convertible due to the folding hard top).

But to go with stereotype, the ultimate boy cars must be things like Caterhams, Elises, and Evos.

My wife never once went passenger in my Caterham, in two years of ownership, let alone would consider driving the thing. I have a friend with a Honda Elise, and he says the same. Many women find these sort of cars uncomfortable, noisy and pointless.

That said, everyone should own an MX5 at some point. They're great little cars.

??? :confused:
    Skylines were always a man's car. I always thought the Gen 6 Celica a mans car too. Girls look wrong in them. Evo's / Impreza turbo's are men's cars. The Delta Integrale is another car that'd look funny with a chick at the wheel! 911 Turbo/GT2/GT3 are mens Porsche's! F40 is a man's Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Biro wrote: »
    ??? :confused:

A Honda Elise is a Lotus Elise with a Honda engine conversion. They are not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Girls car

016844.2-lg.jpg

Boys car

dukes-humvee.jpg

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    A Honda Elise is a Lotus Elise with a Honda engine conversion. They are not unusual.

I know Honda engines in Elises aren't unusual, but they're still called Lotus Elises. Otherwise it's a Honda Atom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Delta Integrale, now that would be funny to see a woman driving.

Its pretty simple to tell, obviously

Girls cars
    Ka
    Micra
    Yaris
    MRS (most of)
    TT
    Boxster
    Civics
    Clios

Mans cars
    RX7
    Evo's
    Supras
    MR2 Turbos:)
    Skylines
    really anything with more than 100bhp

I know Honda engines in Elises aren't unusual, but they're still called Lotus Elises. Otherwise it's a Honda Atom! :D

The two people I know who own one both call them Honda Elises, so I assumed that was the common term. Everyone knows the Elise is made by Lotus, so "Honda-engined Lotus Elise" is somewhat redundant, and not very snappy.

And I'm not convinced that you aren't covering. ;)

The real men go for the Rover K-series engined elises :pac:

ronoc wrote: »
    The real men go for the Rover K-series engined elises :pac:

Because real men enjoy repairing head gasket failures? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Hammertime wrote: »
    Girls Car - Porsche Boxsters

LOL did anybody see the episode of "2 and a half men" where Alan buys a Porsche Boxster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Must have my say before it gets locked:D

Girls: Mini's
    Z3, z4, 3 series
    Punto's
    All softroaders,
    All supermini's ie. c1, aygo, etc. etc.
    Anything pink

Oh the lists goes on....

Popcorn please:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Good to see people have chilled out about this since I posted this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055096090

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Men's cars:

Ford Mustang Boss 429
    Dodge Charger R/T
    Plymouth Barracuda 440

Who actually drives them?! I think most small(er) maks of cars are girls cars, whereas the bigger versions are mans cars
    A2- Girls
    A4- Mans
    1 Series (HB)- Girls
    5 Series- Mans
    Ka- Girls
    Mondeao- Mans
    107- Girls
    407- Mans
    Aygo- Girls
    Avensis-...well not a REAL mans car but ya know!

As for fast/ performance cars, i think they're mostly fellas cars but i dunno what it is about a girl drivin an evo or skyline, but i love that, shows she knows her cars! And not all soft tops are girls cars, the s2000 is a drivers car!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

as long as its not pink and doesn't have a 'playboy' logo on the boot, I'll drive it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

an original 1980's Audi Rally prepared Quattro from group B.

Now that my friends is a MAN's car.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vky1uh_kCf0&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Ahh a UR Quattro, would love one indeed.

Audi A4/A6/A8 are men's cars.

Audi A3 1.6 are womens cars, men can just get away with either an S3 or a 1.8T A3, **JUST**

Audi A2's are for people who really need a good look in the mirror.

Oh yeah, I would kill for an Audi S8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Mercedez SLK yet. I've yet to see a man drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Nissan Figaro has to go into the Girls' section. Even with the turbo.

cashmni1 wrote: »
    an original 1980's Audi Rally prepared Quattro from group B.

Now that my friends is a MAN's car.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vky1uh_kCf0&feature=related

Driven by a woman back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Who actually drives them?! I think most small(er) maks of cars are girls cars, whereas the bigger versions are mans cars
    A2- Girls
    A4- Mans
    1 Series (HB)- Girls
    5 Series- Mans
    Ka- Girls
    Mondeao- Mans
    107- Girls
    407- Mans

Any of the euro-sh*te below 2.5 litres is girly territory, only real men drive I6s, V6s and V8s :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Nissan Figaro has to go into the Girls' section. Even with the turbo.

Forgot about them. Stupid women too, aren't they really expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Driven by a woman back then!

Touché

Never thought of that, good one.
    I remember a story about the first time she (a french woman....Michelle Mouton or something) went to the states with the Audi Quattro and competed in Pikes Peak....and won first time.
    A you can imagine, the guys were non too impressed.
    I think the papers read "Go home you French Bitch"

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Touché

Never thought of that, good one.
    I remember a story about the first time she (a french woman....Michelle Mouton or something) went to the states with the Audi Quattro and competed in Pikes Peak....and won first time.
    A you can imagine, the guys were non too impressed.
    I think the papers read "Go home you French Bitch"

Michelle is a legend. Group B was banned after Toivanen's death (as well as a few spectators that weekend and previously), which left the cars jobless! So Audi went to Pikes Peak with one. They returned the following year with a specifically modified one and set a new record.
    Michelle almost won the World Championship, but her old man died and everyone noted that she was off-form that weekend, and either that rally or the next one the car packed it in on her which cost her the championship. If it hadn't, she'd still be the only woman to have won a world title in any sport that's competed in equally by men and women.

Re the paper headlines: sounds typical of narrow-minded yankee hicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

superjosh9 wrote: »
    as long as its not pink and doesn't have a 'playboy' logo on the boot, I'll drive it.

That logo is the ultimate skank accessory. Might as well spell out S-L-U-T on the window.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement