Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads' cars vs Girls' cars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

jaycen wrote: »
    All Camaros are girls cars, they're horrendous to drive, just look nice ; the main criteria for a girls car AFIK.

And you have driven how many Camaros? Or are you just listening to the usual "its american, it must be **** to drive" bull****?

If the new Camaro is anything less than a phenomenal car to drive i'll be amazed. The fastest production car ever around the nurburgring is afterall a Dodge Viper. Following closely behind that is the corvette C6 ZR1 which was 1 second slower than a Ferrari Enzo. A $105k car being 1 second slower than a €1million euro car is pretty impressive dont you think? So if they corvette handles that well what makes you think the new Camaro wont?

all american muscle cars are mens cars. The clue is in the name "muscle car".

Anyway back to the topic. Mercedes CLK/SLK are girls mercs, Volkswagon Polos, mazda mx5s, Ford Fiesta, Audi TT covertible, most convertibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Audi TT, A3, A4 (except diesels), BMW 1 + 3 series (except diesels) Ford Focus, KA, Fiesta, Mazda 3, MX5 Toyota Corolla (new gen), Aygo, Yaris, VW Golf, Jetta, Polo, Fox, Lexus IS, Mercedes A class, C class, CLK, SLK.

All girls cars. :)

Most cars that come as standard with over 2.0 litre and 4 cylinders isn't very girly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

samsemtex wrote: »
    And you have driven how many Camaros?

Quite a few actually (well 3 tbh), havn't driven any of the newer ones 88 was my last.
    I'm not slagging off american cars, Cams are at the weaker end of muscle cars IMO, a vette and a camaro are very different btw.

You'll find a lot of ladies drive V8s etc in the states, muscle care are tuned, not standard BTW.

While I was there I wanted into the muscle car thing, in the end an old dodge was good enough to temper my V8 lusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Im hoping people exclude the M3 when they say all 3 series are girls cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

What about those Focus, Megane and 307 convertibles - real blousy cars. All suv's, most small cars, Golfs, Civic coupes, A3s, all Kia's, X3s, clk/slk mercs, Volvo C30, all mainstream Toyota and Nissans, Mitsubishi Colts, Fiat Panda, Pug 207, Ford C-Max & Fusion, Accords...and on and on...

What about cars that have the wrong perception about them - cars that are actually really good but have got poor associations with them, such as:

MX5s
    Z4s
    Boxsters
    MR2s
    Nissan Primera
    Ford Puma
    Honda Jazz
    X5s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

And you have driven how many Camaros? Or are you just listening to the usual "its american, it must be **** to drive" bull****?

If the new Camaro is anything less than a phenomenal car to drive i'll be amazed. The fastest production car ever around the nurburgring is afterall a Dodge Viper. Following closely behind that is the corvette C6 ZR1 which was 1 second slower than a Ferrari Enzo. A $105k car being 1 second slower than a €1million euro car is pretty impressive dont you think? So if they corvette handles that well what makes you think the new Camaro wont?

all american muscle cars are mens cars. The clue is in the name "muscle car".

Anyway back to the topic. Mercedes CLK/SLK are girls mercs, Volkswagon Polos, mazda mx5s, Ford Fiesta, Audi TT covertible, most convertibles.
    The Enzo isn't a million euro. And I find it hard to believe that the Viper is the quickest production car around the ring.

b318isp wrote: »
    Accords...
    If I see a woman driving an Accord I assume it's the husbands car. I've never yet heard any woman utter the words "I'd love an Accord". It's a mans car! The Legacy is another mans car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Biro wrote: »
    The Enzo isn't a million euro. And I find it hard to believe that the Viper is the quickest production car around the ring.

the enzo is pretty close to a million euro. and here is the list of the lap times if you want proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times#Production_vehicles

I imagine the car is so hardcore its actually unusable in the real world but nonetheless its still the fastest production car ever and by quite some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Ha ha just reading about the Skyline being a mans car.

I am a girl and have a Skyline and the looks I get off lads are so funny. Their faces says it all. :eek:

AHHHH A GIRL IN A SKYLINE!!!

the enzo is pretty close to a million euro. and here is the list of the lap times if you want proof. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times#Production_vehicles

I imagine the car is so hardcore its actually unusable in the real world but nonetheless its still the fastest production car ever and by quite some distance.

It was modified for the run, therefore you can't count it. What's a far more useful testament to American cars is the time of the ZR1. That was stock.
    The Enzo was less than £400,000 sterling.

• Advertisement

I am a girl and have a Skyline and the looks I get off lads are so funny. Their faces says it all. :eek:

Yep, you're driving a mans car!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I think they might be a bit jealous :D

I would never been seen dead in:

Nissan Micra
    Mini Cooper
    Toyota Yaris or Auris,
    Hyundai Coupe
    MX5
    206 CC (horrible horrible car)

The list goes on with me im afraid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

It was modified for the run, therefore you can't count it.
    Also done by chrysler as a marketing exercise. I bet they did a lot to the car to get it to finish top

I think they might be a bit jealous :D

I would never been seen dead in:

Nissan Micra
    Mini Cooper
    Toyota Yaris or Auris,
    Hyundai Coupe
    MX5
    206 CC (horrible horrible car)

The list goes on with me im afraid :P

MX5 is a great car, image aside. Leagues ahead of something like the 2 litre N/A skyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What about those Focus, Megane and 307 convertibles - real blousy cars. All suv's, most small cars, Golfs, Civic coupes, A3s, all Kia's, X3s, clk/slk mercs, Volvo C30, all mainstream Toyota and Nissans, Mitsubishi Colts, Fiat Panda, Pug 207, Ford C-Max & Fusion, Accords...and on and on...

In default spec, in the default colour (mustard yellow!) perhaps... I've never seen a girl driving the 100HP or a 4x4 or Cross (4x4 diesel) model; ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

How is this thread still open :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How is this thread still open :confused:

As long as it stays just silly and pointless but otherwise peaceful, there is no reason to close it :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

What about cars that have the wrong perception about them - cars that are actually really good but have got poor associations with them, such as:

MX5s
    Z4s
    Boxsters
    MR2s
    Nissan Primera
    Ford Puma
    Honda Jazz
    X5s

so basically 90% of the cars on the road? ffs and then the primera and puma are 'really good cars'?

has to be a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

What about one like this??

106-subaru-impreza.jpg

This lass would drive it any time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Read my post on p4...I love seein girls in those types of cars! Dunno what it is but fair play to ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The Enzo was less than £400,000 sterling.

To buy an Enzo you had to be invited, it wasn't as easy as havin 400 grand an walkin into yer local Ferrari dealer, i'm sure pleanty of loaded Ferrari people would of givin a lot more than a million for one of the few that are made, I always assumed cars were worth whatever someone was willing to pay for em?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Yep, you're driving a mans boys car!

Fixed that for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

MX5s
    Z4s
    Boxsters
    MR2s
    Nissan Primera
    Ford Puma
    Honda Jazz
    X5s

Would I be correct in assuming you drive a 318i from your name? Girls car :cool:

I agree with a lot of your choices, but a Focus/Golf isnt girlie (except the 1.4 or 1.6) neither is an Accord!

Does anyone else think that in some ways it is more manly to just not give a flying fcuk about what is considered manly/girlie and just drive whatever you like?

In some ways, I would respect a guy driving an MX5 for instance. If he looks like a twat then no, its not cool but if he looks like a regular farting & opinionated male then fair play as it is a cracking drivers car.

I dunno its just a thought.....I still wouldnt drive one though (maybe I'm not enough of a man yet)!:p

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    To buy an Enzo you had to be invited, it wasn't as easy as havin 400 grand an walkin into yer local Ferrari dealer, i'm sure pleanty of loaded Ferrari people would of givin a lot more than a million for one of the few that are made, I always assumed cars were worth whatever someone was willing to pay for em?

I know that, but that wasn't the question. How much was it was the question, which implies when new. That was the new list price, whether you could buy it or not.

Moonspell wrote: »

106-subaru-impreza.jpg

It's a guy's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Moonspell wrote: »

106-subaru-impreza.jpg

It's a guy's car.

This is the chicks version :D
    pinkscoobygb7.jpg

copacetic wrote: »
    ffs and then the primera and puma are 'really good cars'?QUOTE]

Ever driven them? If not, you might be surprised.

Mr.David wrote: »
    Would I be correct in assuming you drive a 318i from your name? Girls car :cool:

Not quite, an E30 318iS. 1150kg, 140bhp, LSD, billy's, H&Rs, M3 front bushes, superchip, no p/s, all manual. :p My missus refuses to even take it out of the driveway.
    Mr.David wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of your choices, but a Focus/Golf isnt girlie (except the 1.4 or 1.6) neither is an Accord!
    I find the Golf a real default choice for a lot of women. Maybe I'm being unfair on the Focus. The older Accords are so stuffy that only housewife would consider them!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Not quite, an E30 318iS. 1150kg, 140bhp, LSD, billy's, H&Rs, M3 front bushes, superchip, no p/s, all manual. :p My missus refuses to even take it out of the driveway.

140bhp?? all that awesome power...:D (At least your missus has standards, you obviously don't!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

To throw some petrol on this, this months issue of "Attitude" has, as is common, a large ad for the Ford Kuga. I would predict that very few women read this magazine, and that those who do generally have very little interest in women's matters.

Does this make it a girls or a guys car? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement