Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads' cars vs Girls' cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaney-baby

My missus drives a skyline.. so not all cars are for woman or men.Most women have cars that some guys would drive and other people would think there girls cars :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

my missus drives a skyline not all cars are for woman or men most women have cars that fellas would love to drive that other people would think there girls cars :p

:confused:

Some punctuation, full stops and a spell-checker and we might know what the hell you're on about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

My missus drives a skyline.. so not all cars are for woman or men.Most women have cars that some guys would drive and other people would think there girls cars :p

It doesn't matter what your missus drives, a Skyline is a guys car in the same vein that a starlet is a grannys car. Neither means that you HAVE to be that
    stereotype to drive it. Guys sometimes drive Micra's, but that doesn't make them any less girly, no more than a girl driving a Skyline make it any less Manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Biro wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what your missus drives, a Skyline is a guys car in the same vein that a starlet is a grannys car. Neither means that you HAVE to be that
    stereotype to drive it. Guys sometimes drive Micra's, but that doesn't make them any less girly, no more than a girl driving a Skyline make it any less Manly.
    On a related note, the current model Range Rover appears to be driven almost exclusively by women. Does this make it a girly car, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Anan1 wrote: »
    On a related note, the current model Range Rover appears to be driven almost exclusively by women. Does this make it a girly car, I wonder?

Noooooooooooooooooo:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

mixer101 wrote: »
    140bhp?? all that awesome power...:D (At least your missus has standards, you obviously don't!)

Then I guess you don't really get the point of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

Biro wrote: »
    It's a guy's car.

Maybe, maybe not... It's quite a "ride" all I can say :D

R.O.R wrote: »
    This is the chicks version :D
    pinkscoobygb7.jpg

Not for me.. the colour alone would make me run away! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Girl's cars have "AA breakdown assist stickers" for when they can't change a wheel, run out of petrol, lock keys in the car.

Girl Car - furry pink dice hanging off rear view mirror and cushions on the rear parcel shelf

can't change a wheel.....please!!
    run out of petrol.....are you serious? C'mon!!
    lock keys in car.......Ok, yes I have done that!! lol

I hate furry dice etc.. on girls cars, its disgusting, I would never do it myself, its so tacky!! I once saw a blue micra with the entire interior pink. Was disgusting as the 2 colours clashed horrifically!!

Back on topic, mx-5 is soooo girly, the only manly thing about them is that they rwd. The boyfriend was trying to encourage me to buy one, and I know exactly why. He would have the back tyres ruined on me

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've an AA breakdown assist sticker... its in my glovebox and only so I have the number in the unlikely event my car does break down, and the cover comes with the car...

Haven't seen Volvo's mentioned yet!

2 Litre Turbo Volvo s60
    Lads or Girls Car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

2 Litre Turbo Volvo s60
    Lads or Girls Car?
    Nervous man's car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Gypo wrote: »
    Anything that burns derv and has a turbo strapped onto it is definitely a lads cars, as no girl could handle all them torques :pac:

My baby sis drives a pimped out 180sx that blokes drool over!!!!:p

Maddison wrote: »
    My baby sis drives a pimped out 180sx that blokes drool over!!!!:p

The car or your sis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Anan1 wrote: »

Range Rover = girls car.

Not even farmers but these anymore.
    Noooooooooooooooooo:P

Sorry Limerick man.

If you own one - sell it, and buy a real car. :)

2 Litre Turbo Volvo s60
    Lads or Girls Car?

Volvo - any Volvo = old persons car.

No car person under 75 years old would buy a Volvo. :eek:

They are boring. Having said that, single women over 30 might buy them - they are releiable and boring.

P.C. wrote: »
    Range Rover = girls car.

Not even farmers but these anymore.

Sorry Limerick man.

If you own one - sell it, and buy a real car. :)

Lol, i don't own one, and plenty of farmers still buy them;)

The car or your sis?

Both hunny, shes kitted herself out with nice DD's so both her & her car are pimped out!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Both hunny, shes kitted herself out with nice DD's so both her & her car are pimped out!!!

pics or GTFO...:D

/drool

I'm hoping you're female, otherwise talking about your sister in such a sexual way is just WRONG!

I'm hoping you're female, otherwise talking about your sister in such a sexual way is just WRONG!

ROFL!

• Advertisement

I am a girl!!!!:D No pics Im afraid but Im sure that some Dublin lads would know the car......the break light has BITCH emblazoned on it!!!!!

robbie99 wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Mercedez SLK yet. I've yet to see a man drive one.

Ha Ha. Jeremy Clarkson drove one a few years back. :D

Mr.David wrote: »
    Would I be correct in assuming you drive a 318i from your name? Girls car :cool:

I agree with a lot of your choices, but a Focus/Golf isnt girlie (except the 1.4 or 1.6) neither is an Accord!

Does anyone else think that in some ways it is more manly to just not give a flying fcuk about what is considered manly/girlie and just drive whatever you like?

In some ways, I would respect a guy driving an MX5 for instance. If he looks like a twat then no, its not cool but if he looks like a regular farting & opinionated male then fair play as it is a cracking drivers car.

I dunno its just a thought.....I still wouldnt drive one though (maybe I'm not enough of a man yet)!:p

I like your opinion - drive what you what you like.

And yes - Golf = mans car, but Focus = girls car.
    Sorry. :D

Lasses car = nissan skyline
    Lads car = Volkswagon golf

Fixed that for you there.

Nissans = girls car.

Vdubs = unisex. :D

My mother (who is almost 70) drives a 2007 Subaru 4X4 Staion wagon, with low ratio - and yes, she has got it stuck on the beach, but only once.

My father (over 70) drives a BMW 318i.

In fairness to him, he bought the Subaru for my mother (for himself), and he has two other cars:

1.) a 1969 MGB
    2.) a 1962 Land Rover Short Wheel Base 2.4 straight 4 petrol. (Blokes car)

It is so great when my mother drives the Land Rover, and the joung blokes are soooooooooooooooooo suprised.

* Grabs coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

No woman should be let behind the wheel of this Vauxhall Victor...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

a real man doesn't care about his car's image.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

crocro wrote: »
    a real man person doesn't care about his their car's image.

fixed that for ya :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

They are boring. Having said that, single women over 30 might buy them - they are releiable and boring.

New Volvos are not boring cars. Thats like saying that Skodas are still east european tanks akin to Ladas. The new S80 is a gorgeos car and far sportier looking than the a E class or most A6s. Although i wish they would make more engine options available in this country. You cant even get the t5 of the c30 here :rolleyes:

The C30 is the best looking car in that range without a shadow of a doubt. With the 2.5 litre T5 its a seriously hot car and will no doubt be my next purchase.

These are old mans cars?
    112_2007_sema_04z+volvo+heico_s80_front_profile.jpg
    112_2007_sema_03z+volvo+heico_s80_rear_profile.jpg
    1379744227_39f5d9e8d7.jpg
    Volvo%20C30%20R-Design%201.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

We're not in the 1980s any more.

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past 10-15 years will realise that they have been making nice looking, even desirable:eek: cars.

Mercs on the other hand are cars for the senior citizen, the automatic gearbox goes down very well with the blue rinse brigade I'm sure:D!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement