Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lads' cars vs Girls' cars

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

samsemtex wrote: »
    New Volvos are not boring cars.

They are.
    Thats like saying that Skodas are still east european tanks akin to Ladas.

Well, Skodas are cheap Vdubs not as good saftey rating, or design - simple as.
    The new S80 is a gorgeos car and far sportier looking than the a E class or most A6s.

Would not even consider the E Class or A6 or any BMW - sorry.
    Just not good cars at the mo.
    Although i wish they would make more engine options available in thiscountry. You cant even get the t5 of the c30 here :rolleyes:

OK, here I definately agree with you.

Why do they limit the options avalable to us here? :confused:

These days there are good roads in this country, and there are people who know how to drive. Give us the decent engines! :D
    The C30 is the best looking car in that range without a shadow of a doubt. With the 2.5 litre T5 its a seriously hot car and will no doubt be my next purchase.
    These are old mans cars?

The C30 is NOT a good looking car. Take a look at a Alpha Romeo.

I have yet to see a good looking Volvo. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

E92 wrote: »

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past 10-15 years will realise that they have been making nice looking, even desirable:eek: cars.

No%201.jpg

:cool:

E92 wrote: »

We're not in the 1980s any more.

Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past 10-15 years will realise that they have been making nice looking, even desirable:eek: cars.

Mercs on the other hand are cars for the senior citizen, the automatic gearbox goes down very well with the blue rinse brigade I'm sure:D!

You are very right on the Merc, but Volvos are still for old, or conservstive people imo.

Oh, and Volvo are still in the 1980's. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Any car with loads of styling crap that isn't fitted as standard or makes it look super fast when it's not is a childs car. Not necessarily a girls.
    Loud exhausts are also for pre-pubesant teens to drool over. And has anyone ever drove a 1.6l Impreza? Dull, slow and a granny car. Sticking a loud exhaust, a K&N filter and a bonnet vent on it, and fitting it out with 19" rims and a loud stereo is actually much sadder than leaving it standard.
    Volvos are lovely cars these days. Most people I hear calling them boring (day to day) are too young to remember when a new Volvo was actually really boring and boxy.
    Anything smaller than a Golf/Astra etc. seems girly. Z3s (not Z4s though) Saxo, 106, Ka, Micra etc are all girly. MX5 is just an old fashioned soft top sports car with rear wheel drive. Don't see where the girly image came from. It's basically an MGB or a Spitfire. The Mini is grand if it's a Cooper and in red.
    The Boxster. What is the prob;em people have with these. Just because Jeremy "I've got a GT40" Clarkson calls them a girls car. They have a 2.5l 200hp engine, running up to a 3.2l 260hp. They're light and rear wheel drive. And the Caymen looks gorgeous. Clarkson saying people should buy the 911 is all well and good if you've got twice the money to burn. Most people who slag them don't have anything to touch them themselves.
    Girls can drive what they want. Who cares? Sometimes the whiney cow with the M5 who can't parallel park p1sses me off though. Likewise the twat with the AMG Merc who can't change a bulb. I hate people, me. :(:D

We don't get the engine options because they don't sell that well. Our VRT makes them prohibitively expensive to buy and our road tax is extortionate.

• Advertisement

bigkev49 wrote: »
    No%201.jpg

:cool:

Oh, so its red! Therefore it IS good looking.
    No way!

And it has a Belgium reg, with Ontario on top of the reg numbers - does that make it cool?

NO. Its a Volvo. :eek:

Give me a mo, and I will post a good looking car.

P.C. wrote: »
    No way!

And it has a Belgium reg, with Ontario on top of the reg numbers - does that make it cool?

I don't think Volvos are gorgeous, but they make nicer standard body shapes than Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Opel etc.
    I drive an Alfa 156 because that's my idea of a beautiful car, but that doesn't mean I feel like ragging on Volvos all the same. And you'll note, it's Alfa, not Alpha.
    And before anyone says a 156 is girly, I also have a Defender 300tdi with rock sliders, suspension lift, snorkel etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

that opened up on the alfa romeo mito.
    Yeah, you have great taste...ahaha

and how patronizing can you get? that Volvo is pretty damn nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

They are.

The C30 is NOT a good looking car. Take a look at a Alpha Romeo.

I have yet to see a good looking Volvo. :confused:

Name one car in that size that is better looking. Golf, A3, 1 series, Astra? Pft, all bland muck compared to the C30. If that was a BMW or something people would be pulling themselves off to it. The c30 has a far nicer interior to any of them as well with that really cool floating centre console and some beautiful wood finishes available.

The Brera? Yeah its a great looking car but that is also one of the best looking cars ever designed. And i actually prefer the c30 when its specified correctly.
    No way!

I'll take a Heico C30 T5 over an Audi A3 anyday and it will certainly turn more heads.

And on what basis are Volvo still in the 1980s? With their pioneering safety features and bio fuel engines is it? It must be that really boxy styling they have on all their cars then is it? No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

vw polo = girls
    golf = boys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Take a look at a Alpha Romeo.

Congratulations P.C., you've just proved you know Jack Sh1t about cars.

Well, I didn't mean to start an argument over Volvos but hey, thems the blows!

I drive an S60 - I would always have considered them a mans car, I've never seen an OAP in one, and rarely a woman, I'm a 26 year old girl and since I was younger I wanted a Volvo (even when they were yucky) and I love mine, it's fast, strong, and nothing girly or old manish about it, in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

P.C this isn't you is it?
    http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/court-orders-volvo-dealer-to-compensate-german-with-big-feet/

Some one has something against Volvo's! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭saddle tramp

If it has P/B & PAS.............. Its a girly Car.

Enuf said.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Congratulations P.C., you've just proved you know Jack Sh1t about cars.

Yip, I can't spell, and I amjust to lazy to use spell check. Welcome to my world.

But, I know Jack. In fact, I know the whole family. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yip, I can't spell, and I amjust to lazy to use spell check. Welcome to my world.

But, I know Jack. In fact, I know the whole family. :D

You must know his brothers Dip, Awe and Gob and his two sisters Fulla and Giva then.

Say hai to them for me....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nice summary of the thread there Steve !

and on that note ...sin e, methinks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement