Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Player Draft - Discussion Only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Quick question on Poyet. Why on the right wing? Surely he got most of goals playing the 'Lampard role' for Chelsea?

I thought about that for a good bit, because I couldn't remember where he actually spent most of his time with Chelsea. Hmm might have to edit that, I had right wing in my head.

PM sent to Bubs101.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

So can I pick now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Go for it. Eirebear can just pick as soon as he's back.

Keep the ball rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bubs101 wrote: »
    So can I pick now?

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

You Bastard Bubs. I was sure I was going to be able to pick him up around Round 8 or so... :(

Frisbee wrote: »
    You Bastard Bubs. I was sure I was going to be able to pick him up around Round 8 or so... :(

That fills me with confidence ;)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    That fills me with confidence ;)

Haha sorry, It's a player I really wanted, but was fairly certain no-one would pick for a while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Good pick, he was a fantastic player.So good they named him twice, as they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When I saw the 'so good they named him twice' line I actually initially thought of Djemba-Djemba. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

So is the time up for the next guy then? Not trying to be smart, just keep this moving...

[size=-12]nothing to do with me being next up ;)[/size]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This really is getting slow. It seems to go through patches where there will be five in a day then nothing for another day.

shoutman wrote: »
    This really is getting slow. It seems to go through patches where there will be five in a day then nothing for another day.

Yeah, it's getting annoying how people are taking ages now. If your not going to be online let us know and we can skip you. We'll be lucky to finish it this year at this rate... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yakubu :o

Panic buy?! :pac:

I had something else written that borderd on ranting so instead I've decided to go with the following:

Yak attack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

12 picks in 8 days. Getting really annoying now.

Pick made and PM sent

Reina's a good pick. definitely the best goalkeeper left i think. He's cut a lot of the errors out of his game, has become very commanding, his distribution, awareness, speed and reflexes are probably all the best in the league at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

16 days since my last pick, my entusiasm is almost entirely gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mayordenis wrote: »
    yeah - too many people in this, the picks are only going to get weaker and it is taking too damned long.

• Advertisement

Same. It's getting far too boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In the thread starting the whole thing, I clearly noted that people who aren't on here often (i.e. couple of hours a day, every day) were best to avoid it. That didn't seem to happen though.

Thing is, for those of us on here regularly, arguably the speed isn't too much of a concern. We can just pick away at it over the long haul. But yeah, it would be so much better if we were averaging three or four picks a day - as the discussion would be more vibrant as a result.

I've updated the spreadsheet, picked and PM'd. I'm now going to change a rule in an effort to speed the process:

Clock has been cut to 12 hours, as opposed to 24. Once 12 hours passes from the time you are up - next man in can go.

and that's the last of the top keepers gone I think.

Good pick Llyod, obviously in the same way of thinking as myself, they wouldn't have been there next time round.

The whole Reina v's Friedel thing has been going round in my head over the last week or so, I think Friedel is immense, but Reina shades him.

Iago wrote: »
    and that's the last of the top keepers gone I think.

Good pick Llyod, obviously in the same way of thinking as myself, they wouldn't have been there next time round.

The whole Reina v's Friedel thing has been going round in my head over the last week or so, I think Friedel is immense, but Reina shades him.

Nope still definitely one more to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I had to look at the spreadsheet about 10 times to see if he was picked. Can't believe he's been overlooked so far.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I had to look at the spreadsheet about 10 times to see if he was picked. Can't believe he's been overlooked so far.

I wonder if we're thinking of the same one.

If it's who I'm thinking of I'd of rated him in the second string of keepers, but then a few of those have gone already so it could well be him. Actually he's probably ahead of at least two of the keepers already chosen if not three.

I wonder if we're thinking of the same one.
    Well even by you saying that you must be thinking of someone different. :)

Lol maybe there's more than one in that case!

(Actually I can now think of 2 that are very much pickable)

Yeh I wouldn't be worried about having to pick a poor keeper just yet. There's a keeper who only a couple of seasons ago his manager said was the best in the premiership and hasn't been picked. He's made loads of appearances too. He might fly under the radar for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

eirebhoy wrote: »

Just ctrl-f

Well feck you anyway Lloyd, I had him pegged as my next pick and really thought he wouldn't be picked.

Back to the drawing board.

And there goes the keeper I was on about.

Can't believe he was picked way after the likes of Cudicini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

luke you're up!

EDIT: luke you're not up! bohsman is....

And there goes the keeper I was on about.

Can't believe he was picked way after the likes of Cudicini.

Yeah, that's who I guessed you were talking about.

Would have picked him before Bosnich, Cudicini & possibly Martyn I think. Although they were all in the group I had marked as second string if I didn't get my first choice.

Can't believe people picked James, Cudicini etc before Flowers.
    He's I think the first stand out pick to slip under the radar..

Hmm, I think keepers seem to be the flavour of the moment, and I don't know whether to go with one now or risk being left with having to pick an average keeper for my next pick, i'll mull over it for an hour or so and I'll post up then. Rest assured Trippie you will be up before the day is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Its literally criminal that so many keepers were picked ahead of Flowers, who was an excellent goalie. He's one of the top echelon of premiership keepers along with Schmeichel, Cech, Seaman and Given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep, I was wondering when Flowers was going to get picked. Goalkeepers might be interesting from here on out.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Can't believe people picked James, Cudicini etc before Flowers.
    He's I think the first stand out pick to slip under the radar..

I thought of him at the time I was picking James, but I stand by my decision. Great keeper though.

• Advertisement

Jayzus we're fairly clipping along today.
    Let's keep it going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Hmm, I think keepers seem to be the flavour of the moment, and I don't know whether to go with one now or risk being left with having to pick an average keeper for my next pick, i'll mull over it for an hour or so and I'll post up then. Rest assured Trippie you will be up before the day is out.

Take you're time as im completely undecided on who to pick

Trippie wrote: »
    Take you're time as im completely undecided on who to pick

Well if it gets to me after Trippie just to let everyone know I'm in work from 5-10 tonight so I'll have my pick after then sometime. :)

Wreck wrote: »
    Its literally criminal that so many keepers were picked ahead of Flowers, who was an excellent goalie. He's one of the top echelon of premiership keepers along with Schmeichel, Cech, Seaman and Given.

But in the Premiership Cudicini played so much better than Cech. Tim Flowers was definitely a cut above many of the keepers picked though

This really is an incredibly tough decision. I've got it narrowed to three people.

Pick made, Trippie you are up next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Quite scocked at that decision, surprised he's gone this early, goes missing from games still has some way to go imo.

Quite scocked at that decision, surprised he's gone this early, goes missing from games still has some way to go imo.

I'm quite shocked that you think that tbh? He has been far and away Aston Villa's most consistent attacking player of the past season and a half.

I must admit I did play the music while reading the post. :D Suprising decision alright but I can think of some great Villa players not selected so I wouldn't argue with someone who watches them every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i like ashley young as a pick, if only cos he's british! but he's a quality player. luke, why him over gabby "half asleep all the time" agbonlahor?

its not your fault you're a villa fan. ashley young is a quality player, but maybe could have been picked up round 5 or 6??

I'm quite shocked that you think that tbh? He has been far and away Aston Villa's most consistent attacking player of the past season and a half.

There is at least one player in his position who performed better for much longer than a year and a half. I'm very surprised he went this early

• Advertisement
Advertisement