Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Player Draft - Discussion Only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You bastard! Rob Jones was number 1 on my list of remaining right backs. Was sure he'd be still there come round 9 or 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    You bastard! Rob Jones was number 1 on my list of remaining right backs. Was sure he'd be still there come round 9 or 10.

so was I! Was very nearly going to leave him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

All my Villa legends have been taken when I thought they'd go under the radar, Mellberg, Barry, Laursen and Townsend were all players I would of been delighted to pick.

Obviously I though Barry and Laursen would be gone by this time but I thought the other two might sneak it till a round or two later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very injury prone. But a classy player when fit and good value relative to the remaining players in the position.

Also, did you lose a bet for your new name or something? :confused:

Nah there were donations made to the Santa Strike Force if I did it and added the sig as well.

I like to do my bit for the less fortunate.

• Advertisement

Nah there were donations made to the Santa Strike Force if I did it and added the sig as well.

I like to do my bit for the less fortunate.

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Damn it, thought Defoe might surivive another round or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

About time Kanu got picked. Can't believe he made it this far!

Bah I was gonna go with Neill now that Jones is gone. Good pick.

I think there are better options than both Carsley and Neill still, especially Neill, but they are both solid players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think we are gonna have another 12 hour wait judging on Wrecks comments when making his last pick.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

well done frisbee and wreck, for 2 reasons
    Good picks all round imo
    and quickly getting 4 picks made

cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Wasnt sure about Platt when I first read it but looked up his stats there. Not a bad pick for this stage. Solid player

I have my next player picked and if he goes between now and my turn I won't be happy!

Pick made and pm sent. Stephane Henchoz. It was touch and go between him and another player, so i'm hoping that other guy stays unpicked for a whole round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Pick made and pm sent. Stephane Henchoz. It was touch and go between him and another player, so i'm hoping that other guy stays unpicked for a whole round.
    i think thats a great pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think that Henchoz is an excellent pick. Someone who I was thinking about. I thought he was better than Hyypia during their time together

Jayzus.
    The five I was considering for this round were Neill, Carsley, Henchoz, Platt and
    yeah right

The only thing that put me off Platt was his low number of games..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Frisbee wrote: »
    Jayzus.
    The four I was considering for this round were Neill, Carsley, Henchoz, Platt and
    yeah right

Slight fail with your counting there frisbee

Pick made and pm sent. I had this one in mind from the very start, I just knew he would not be thought of. For me the greatest right back in the history of the premier league.

• Advertisement

Henchoz is a pretty sold pick but there are better left imo.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pick made and pm sent. I had this one in mind from the very start, I just knew he would not be thought of. For me the greatest right back in the history of the premier league.

Meh, he was good. Not as good as a few already picked

Meh, he was good. Not as good as a few already picked
    I'd love to know who you consider was better than him. Not Neville thats for sure. I'd say Rob Jones was as good as him but he was too injury prone and for that reason I put Nilsson at the top of the list. I suppose Winterburn wasn't too bad, or has he been picked yet.

I'd love to know who you consider was better than him. Not Neville thats for sure. I'd say Rob Jones was as good as him but he was too injury prone and for that reason I put Nilsson at the top of the list. I suppose Winterburn wasn't too bad, or has he been picked yet.

I picked Winterburn, He's a left back though.

People already gone who I'd put ahead of him:

Kelly, Finnan, Dixon, Petrescu, Jones.

So pretty much all the RB's already picked except for Neville. Although Neville was very good in his hay-day.

I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, as you said it's your opinion that he's the best RB.
    Just in my opinion he's a bit down the list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Janey Mac lads you're flying. Can't believe it's my pick again! Great progress. I'll pick within the next hour hopefully.

I picked Winterburn, He's a left back though.

People already gone who I'd put ahead of him:

Kelly, Finnan, Dixon, Petrescu, Jones.

So pretty much all the RB's already picked except for Neville. Although Neville was very good in his hay-day.

I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything, as you said it's your opinion that he's the best RB.
    Just in my opinion he's a bit down the list :D
    Yeah I meant Dixon, but I'd say that Petrescu was up there but no way would I agree on Kelly or Finnan and as I said Jones career was too short and too injury prone to be considered imo. I'm not saying they were bad in any way, I'm saying that he was ultra consistent and the amount of MoM's he got were because of how commanding he was.

I thought Nillsson would have been left for another few rounds. He is was the player I had in mind for my right back and i thought he'd be there in round 10 or something. Good pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Are you guys insane. Neville is by far the greatest right back in the histry of the premiership. I must have missed Jones and Dixon getting ahead of him in the England team, or winning two champions' leagues or keeping their place in the most dominant team of the league for ever until injury, and then winning it back immediately. The man was in 5 PFA teams of the year, more than Kelly, Dixon, Jones, Nillson, Petrescu and Finnan. Unless you're talking about Phil I'd love to hear this justification and it's not just because I picked him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

To whoever picked Stephane Henchoz.....MOTHER FÚCKIN FÚCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Are you guys insane. Neville is by far the greatest right back in the histry of the premiership. I must have missed Jones and Dixon getting ahead of him in the England team, or winning two champions' leagues or keeping their place in the most dominant team of the league for ever until injury, and then winning it back immediately. The man was in 5 PFA teams of the year, more than Kelly, Dixon, Jones, Nillson, Petrescu and Finnan. Unless you're talking about Phil I'd love to hear this justification and it's not just because I picked him
    He was a very solid right back, I'll agree with that, but he was definitely not in the same league as Nilsson or Petrescu. I personally think that had Rob Jones not suffered his injury that he would have been the England right back for a lot of the time that Gary Neville played there. Again nothing against the man, I respect him for what he has done but I don't rate him that highly. You mentioned what he has won, but really thats to do with the team he played in. You mention his pfa teams and the thing about that is that he played in a successful team and he was England right back and really he did not have much competition for that spot with an aging Dixon the only one who was really top level at that stage, it makes it a lot easier to pick up them awards when you are in a winning team and England no.1 as well. Again I said I would not rate Kelly or Finnan up there with the top group and I suppose thats clear from the amount of awards that Gary Neville won.

Thats a good pick Mr Nice Guy, I was surprised he was not taken earlier. He would have been my choice if Nilsson was gone.

And just while I think of it, the only reason that Gary Neville has had such a lengthy run at United is because of the injuries suffered by Wes Brown who had taken his spot early in his career before that desperate run of injuries.

I think that Neville was better than Petrescu and Nilsson. I cant remember Rob Jones so i cant say anything about him

titan18 wrote: »
    I think that was better than Petrescu and Nilsson. I cant remember Rob Jones so i cant say anything about him
    If you don't remember Rob Jones then you only seen Nilsson with Coventry and not with Sheffield Wednesday I presume?

If you don't remember Rob Jones then you only seen Nilsson with Coventry and not with Sheffield Wednesday I presume?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Pick made and PM sent.

• Advertisement

Well Mr. Nice Guy, I hope you're happy. That's two players unmercifully striken off my short list. Brown is a solid choice whether its RB or CB.

Well Mr. Nice Guy, I hope you're happy. That's two players unmercifully striken off my short list. Brown is a solid choice whether its RB or CB.

Ah great minds eh? ;)

Come on gonzovision for jaysus sake! One pick to go til I get my man.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ah great minds eh? ;)

I think it's more a case of fools seldom differ :pac:

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think it's more a case of fools seldom differ :pac:

LOL

• Advertisement

Steve Finnan >> Roland Nilsson. Yeah, he was a very good player and I liked him a lot. But come on ffs.

Come on gonzovision for jaysus sake! One pick to go til I get my man.

you've built this pick up too much, it can only dissapoint.

Lol probably! Is 12 hours up yet?

Yep according to the thread wardie picked at 22:51 last night.

Sinclair's a good pick all right. not many good wingers left

the top half of the draft are putting the rest to shame with the speed of pur picks

Apologies Tauren for the lack of PM. Completely forgot to do it after I picked. I blame the fact that I'm posting off my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Apologies Tauren for the lack of PM. Completely forgot to do it after I picked. I blame the fact that I'm posting off my phone.

No worries - i'll get you back next time round;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

now i know i'm as guilty.... but does either of you two feel guilt that gonzovision has now potentially missed out on 3 players cause he hasn't logged on since 10 last night....I know there is the 12 hour rule, but i'm feeling i should have held off a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

now i know i'm as guilty.... but does either of you two feel guilt that gonzovision has now potentially missed out on 3 players cause he hasn't logged on since 10 last night....I know there is the 12 hour rule, but i'm feeling i should have held off a couple of hours.

exactly what I was going to say. At the weekends when a pick is made at 11pm the night before there surely should be some allowances made, it's harsh to say the least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement