Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Home Premium - getting the actual 64bit version?

• 22-10-2008 6:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Well, I just want to be sure of what the saleman said before i shell out AUS$350 for the retail version of vista (buying the retail as I want to move it to a new pc in the future).
    I have been told that to get the x64 version, I need to buy the 32bit DVD set of Home Premium and then contact Microsoft, who will send me a dvd to update my OS to 64bit. All i do is pay Microsoft for the postage of this dvd. He also told me that i can use the 32bit version until my 64bit update arrives. Is this correct?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

afaik, your 32bit vista key will work on a 64bit install so you could download/borrow a non cracked vista 64bit dvd and just use yer cd key rather than wait for MS to send you a 64bit dvd.

I'm not advocating piracy here, it's a quick handy solution and teh OP would still be using his LEGIT serial key to activate the 64bit version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

cool, cheers!

Advertisement