Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw omsp

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

anyone any idea of the omsp(open market selling price) of a 5 series bmw e60 type 2004,with 80 k on the clock,extras include leather, have tried revenue website but model not on system..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Call VRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Whats the spec / engine etc ??

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

tried ringing but no reply just automated stuff, spec is se model , leather,2004 model,525 deisel

STATISTICAL CODE: 42586786
    MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 525 ALL VERSIONS (From Sept. 1990)
    VERSION: D E60 SE 4DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 179
    MILEAGE: 80000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JUNE 2004

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €26303
    RATE OF TAX: 28%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €7364

However its more than likely that OMSP will increase as seen on boards - extras being checked & charged for..........

Keep trying, it shouldn't generally take more than a couple of days to get through.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,451 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

According to the calculator (note the huge difference between auto and manual):

Auto:

DATE: 22 October 2008 TIME: 11:01

STATISTICAL CODE: 42886786
    VERSION: D E60 SE 4DR A / SALOON / AUTOMATIC / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 172
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2004

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €39610
    (payable on enquiry date) €11090

Manual:

DATE: 22 October 2008 TIME: 11:00

STATISTICAL CODE: 42586786
    VERSION: D E60 SE 4DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 179
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2004

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €26842
    (payable on enquiry date) €7515

But to be sure, I'd get a quote from the VRO. It's near impossible to get through on the phone but you can email them. I've emailed them twice in the past, once I got a reply within about 2-3 weeks and the other time I did not get a reply at all

€3500 more for the auto .............

Now thats just nuts....... :eek::eek:

How much more is the auto option on a new e60 525 ?

homer90 wrote: »
    How much more is the auto option on a new e60 525 ?
    Auto has become a far more expensive option on some new BMWs, as it pushes the entire car, including all other options, into a higher VRT bracket. In such cases, the extra cost of auto depends on the exact specification of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Anan1 wrote: »
    Auto has become a far more expensive option on some new BMWs, as it pushes the entire car, including all other options, into a higher VRT bracket.

Not in the case above, though, where both cars are at 28%. The VRO site is saying the auto is worth €13000 more than the manual, that's 50% more!

Zube wrote: »
    Not in the case above, though, where both cars are at 28%. The VRO site is saying the auto is worth €13000 more than the manual, that's 50% more!
    I'm afraid i've no explanation for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The VRO will refer the VIN to Rosslare who will check with BMW for any factory fitted optional extras so bring a blank cheque and a jar of vasoline with you to the VRO office

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

got through to vro in the end and got quote of €7321,thx for all replies

• Registered Users Posts: 65,451 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

hoganpoly wrote: »
    got through to vro in the end and got quote of €7321,thx for all replies

I take it it's a manual so?

Did you have to give your VIN over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I just imported a BMW, revenue said it was worth 6k more than exact same car in a well known BMW dealership. The option list were the exact same.

The other laughable bit about the OMSP on 5 series, when did you last see a post 00 or pre 08 BMW with non metallic paint. The OMSP does not include cost of this 'option'.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mylow wrote: »
    The other laughable bit about the OMSP on 5 series, when did you last see a post 00 or pre 08 BMW with non metallic paint. The OMSP does not include cost of this 'option'.

Look at any of the manufacturers sites. Metallic paint is listed as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

There's a good chance that the optional extras would be irrelevent in this case anyway. Reveneue only charge for extras on cars up to 4 years old so optional extras on any car originally bought/registered in first 10 months (give or take a week) of 2004 should be exempt from vrt on those options.

When I imported my car earlier in the year the lady was about to go off and start checking for extras until she realised it was a couple of weeks past it's 4th birthday so she didn't bother at all about the extras on it and explained to me why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone know how often the OMSP is updated, reduced ect?

Advertisement