Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porterstown primary

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

when is this school opening and when will the porterstown road be connected to the bridge over the canal??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Its open I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 robbie00

Its open and you will be able to access this via that bridge early next year when the road from the roundabout is extended to the new school.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

The Porterstown town road is a death trap, I am surprised there hasn't been anyone killed on it. I live very close to the road, it takes 20-25mins to get up the road in the morning between the 2 schools and the level crossing. I have had to alter my route to work and avoid the Porterstown Road totally in the morning using the bridge in Clonsilla.

I know that the school was needed badly but the cart came before the horse in this case and its a total disaster, parents from Carpenterstown having to drive the kids all the way around, when a simple footpath or lane when have been a good stop gap measure, but as usual the idiots that plan our infrastructure get it wrong again. If these people worked in commerical organisationas they would get the sack.

Also the knackers yard on the Porterstown road isnt a pleasant experience when packs of dogs come out chasing you around the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

if you are driving from the train tracks towards rugged land and you need to take the right at the t junction this is where its a death trap..because of the angle of the oncoming traffic its very hard to see unless you stick your car right out,its needs a mirror on the far side at tan angle to see oncoming traffic big time

Advertisement