Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non drinking but drug taking ?

• 22-10-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi , hope im in the right place , ive havent had a drink for nearly 10 years since my early 20's and frankly am getting a bit bored with being mr sensible . I have tried drugs a few times , cannabis once ( hate that stuff i rather stick pins in my eyes ) , coke twice about 3 yrs ago and it was pretty good i have to say talk about confidence bordering on lunacy plus i scored with the most gorgeous girl ever so needless to say i associate it with success although it did remind me of the drinking days in certain ways like the come-down the loss of control etc . Is there anybody out there with experience of sucessfull recreational drug use with a most definite chequered past in relation to booze ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Do you mean did drugs enhance someones life to the point that everything really changed for them in a positive way because they did coke or some other substance? If thats what you mean then I think you'll find the answer is no.

I've drank, I've taken every drug under the sun. All great fun the first few times but then my life was destroyed by them. I can in all honesty say that there is no high like a natural high and no success like the successes you have when clean and sober. You are in your early thirties and I would really recommend that you don't go chasing a buzz. It won't lead you anywhere good and you are old enough to know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RogertheDodger

Thanks for the advice , just because you had negative experiences does not mean i will .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I've yet to hear of a happy ending from taking drugs but maybe you'll be the very first. Ever!:) I never thought I'd say this on here but really, grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RogertheDodger

well your not going to hear about any happy endings are u ? as for growing up ?? ive had my long pants on for years .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Coke is bad. Simple as that. It might seem good in the short-term, but it's really a horrible, nasty drug. I can't say enough bad things about cocaine. I've seen people go down the coke road and become arseholes because of it. Also, it's a bloody rip-off! :D

Personally, I'd recommend cannabis as an alternative to drinking, but you've already said you don't like it. I'm presuming you smoked it. Well, why not try eating it instead?

I smoke a lot of weed, but I hardly ever drink, because drink has a bad effect on me. I wouldn't recomment abusing cannabis (ie, constantly being stoned off your tits), but the odd joint or hash-brownie doesn't hurt.

I repeat... DON'T DO COKE! It'll probably ruin your life: you'll end up becoming a burden to those who love you because they'll worry about you, you'll put €1000's up your nose and you could get a bad batch of coke that'll just kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Let us not forget that soap actress who lost the middle bit of her nose (septum) - if that's not a negative then I don't know what is! Coke is a **** drug - it turns people into arrogant assholes. And if you did manage to get with some hot lady, what are the chances that she'd be as into you if she knew you were just a confidence-faking coke-head? Irish cocaine is dodgy stuff...you don't know what you're getting, what it's cut with, etc. Same goes for hash / resin. If you're caught buying / carrying drugs you could be facing a prison sentence. If you get a bad lot, you could die (or get permanant brain damage). Is it worth it? Your choice at the end of the day but you are a bit too old to go down that road if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Personally, I'd recommend cannabis as an alternative to drinking, but you've already said you don't like it. I'm presuming you smoked it. Well, why not try eating it instead?

I smoke a lot of weed, but I hardly ever drink, because drink has a bad effect on me. I wouldn't recomment abusing cannabis (ie, constantly being stoned off your tits), but the odd joint or hash-brownie doesn't hurt.

took the words out of my mouth

op.. have you been around people on coke? do you like being near them .. do you want to be them? Arrogance is an understatment.
    Stoners are nice .. stick with stoners ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Karen_* wrote: »
    I've yet to hear of a happy ending from taking drugs but maybe you'll be the very first. Ever!:)

Ever hear of the Beatles? Led Zeppelin?

This thread isn't likely to go anywhere positive. Plus I don't think it's permitted on boards to recommend illegal drugs!

So I shall lock this thread OP, sorry!

All the best,

Dave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement