Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ROTR Eyesight Requirements

Options
  • 22-10-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭

A little assistance required if you could Ladies and Gentleman.

I'm trying to "Irishize" a UK Company Car policy for a company and one of their sections references the Highway Code and the requirement to be able to read a number plate from 20.5 metres.

Is there any similar requirement in the Rules of the Road, or is this dealt with by the eye test form submitted when applying for a licence? I've had a look through the on-line ROTR and couldn't see anything similar.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not sure of the exact legalities but the way it works here is that when you apply for a provisional licence you are required to get an eye test done. Since I have bad eyesight, my full licence has a code on it saying I need to wear corrective lenses when driving. I don't think there's anything specific about being able to read number plates and the like from a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I never remembed getting one for my standard B License but when I went for my provisional truck licesne I had to get an eye test done and a form filled in by my Doctor.

When I had Glasses before my laser surgery(highly recommened BTW) I was required to have a marking made on my license for corrective lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I never remembed getting one for my standard B License but when I went for my provisional truck licesne I had to get an eye test done and a form filled in by my Doctor
    You may be confusing the eyesight test with a medical test. A medical test is required when applying/renewing for trucks, buses etc.

Advertisement