Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung i850 8megapixel Camera Phone???

• 22-10-2008 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Does anyone know the release date of this in ROI,if its going to be released here???
    samsung-i850.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You funny thing is, you can have all the megapixels you like, but if the camera/lens behind the shot is no good it makes little difference. You can't assume the bigger the number the better the pictures you can take.

I have a dusty 6 yr old 3MP digital camera which would still produce a better shot than the 5-6MP phones on the market now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dades wrote: »
    You funny thing is, you can have all the megapixels you like, but if the camera/lens behind the shot is no good it makes little difference. You can't assume the bigger the number the better the pictures you can take.

I have a dusty 6 old 3MP digital camera which would still produce a better shot than the 5-6MP phones on the market now.

I agree, but luckily the images are really good, for a camera-phone, from the INNOV8 (i850). It's also a Series 60 3rd Edition FP2 handset, so it will be familiar for all those Nokia E & N series users.

I personally have dropped out of the megapixel race, the K850i being my last high megapixel camera-phone, and will concentrate on handsets that have more features that I want, like the XPERIA X1.

Regarding an ROI release date of the INNOV8, I would say Vodafone would get it for Christmas and possibly Meteor afterwards.

Advertisement