Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic from Sandyford into town?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 9:43am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to move house. I'll be living very near the beacon hotel in Sandyford. I need to get to just past the point every morning to work. I'm wondering what the traffic will be like from the Sandyford area going into town in the morning and evening rush hours.

Google maps says to go this way - down Fosters Ave, on to N11, Take Anglesey road.

I was thinking this might be better - through Clonskea, through Donnybrook, and down Ailsebury Road, across the tracks...

Most of the time I'll be on a motorbike, so traffic does not make that much of a difference, but occasionally I'll be in the car and I'm not sure where traffic gets really bad. Right now I travel the rock road, which is horrific, I'm sure it won't be this bad, but I want to try to work out what roads to avoid etc...

Does anyone take this route, can you give me any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It'll be pretty bad, fosters ave can be backed up all the way
    back to roebuck on a bad morning. However Beaver Row
    and all the other routes will be just as bad if it is.

depending on exactly where you start from I'd head straight to n11 via brewery road.
    This will be difficult though if you have to join the traffic heading into the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm about to move house. I'll be living very near the beacon hotel in Sandyford. I need to get to just past the point every morning to work. I'm wondering what the traffic will be like from the Sandyford area going into town in the morning and evening rush hours.

Google maps says to go this way - down Fosters Ave, on to N11, Take Anglesey road.

I was thinking this might be better - through Clonskea, through Donnybrook, and down Ailsebury Road, across the tracks...

Most of the time I'll be on a motorbike, so traffic does not make that much of a difference, but occasionally I'll be in the car and I'm not sure where traffic gets really bad. Right now I travel the rock road, which is horrific, I'm sure it won't be this bad, but I want to try to work out what roads to avoid etc...

Does anyone take this route, can you give me any advice?

Thanks

If you are on the bike most mornings I would head straight onto the N11, as said earlier. Much easier ride for you, easier to filter at lights and there is a bus lane all the way into town ;)

Advertisement