Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys, ever been raped by a woman?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

I have been on a number of occasions by three different women, but I totally loved it so I'm not complaning.

Only the first time was actually frightening. The others were more of a grey area since I didn't actually say no or stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

javaboy wrote: »
    I know the OP is trolling so it's hard to take this all too seriously but........
    there is a stigma around a guy reporting a woman to say she sexually assaulted him. Obviously you would hope that any victim would get himself tested but I'd say the number of men who would actually go to the police would be very small.

The number of women that do is very small as well, huge difference between those that go to the rape crises centres for help and follow up with a report to the garda.

Again blokes should the law is there to protect both genders from sexual assault and rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭metamorphic

doke wrote: »
    Only the first time was actually frightening.

would you mind going into more detail? I'm just curious as to the circumstances. hot girl suggests some bondage then rolls out her toothless cousin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

It has been quite a few years since I was last raped by an ugly girl, though, so maybe I am in remission.

I think if you look up the legal definition of rape, it doesn't include any reference to the attractiveness of the perpetrator. Just because in the cold light of day you're not attracted to someone doesn't mean they raped you the night before.

I'm not doubting your claim that women have forced themselves on you, that's your business. But there is a huge difference between shagging someone you don't really fancy and regretting it, and having sex against your will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not quite rape but...

When I was about 15 a group of skangers forced me to snog their female friend who was known as "splodge".

(I chose the snog.)

*Shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

shellyboo wrote: »
    I think if you look up the legal definition of rape, it doesn't include any reference to the attractiveness of the perpetrator. Just because in the cold light of day you're not attracted to someone doesn't mean they raped you the night before.

I'm not doubting your claim that women have forced themselves on you, that's your business. But there is a huge difference between shagging someone you don't really fancy and regretting it, and having sex against your will.

The answer to all of this isn't in the statute book. We are too fond of quoting chapter and verse of legislation and pulling people up on things from a legal point of view and seeking redress in whatever form we can find it, when it is in the vast majority of cases, our own behaviour that is the root cause of the problem, which is certainly the case here...

If he is sober enough to get it up and shag someone, then he is sober enough to say he doesn't want to have sex with someone who he actually does want to have sex with! It's not rape, it's not being taken advantage of, it's being pure stupid on your part OP. There isn't a law against being stupid or negligent with regard to your own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Just got banned from the Ladies Lounge for the following post:

"Quite a few of [my sexual partners] have been absolute rotters that I was with when I was drunk, and nobody who has seen these creatures considers me to be any kind of a hero or stud. Quite the opposite - the consensus is that I have been taken advantage of numerous times by predatory females who made their moves on someone who was incapable of rational thought.

Girls constantly lament the double standard that girls with a lot of partners are considered sluts, while guys are not. However this is a different double standard - a guy who takes advantage of a girl who is totally out of it is known as a rapist. How are girls who do this thought of?

I wonder what would happen if guys decided to protect their friends the way girls do, and in situations such as this, came over to the girl and shooed her away.

Get away you evil bowler! He doesn't want to be with you."

Guess the ban is a pretty clear answer. Women do not want to admit that this happens, or discuss it. Anyone here have any opinions on this? Draw your own conclusions if I get a siteban for posting it here.

Was she just as drunk as you?
    Did she keep buying you drinks to get you drunk?
    Did she slip some Rohypnol in your drink.

What you describe is not rape. Some drunken girl came onto you, and you in your drunken state decided every hole is a goal and went for it. The next day you realised you slept with an unattractive girl and probably got some slagging from your mates. I very much doubt you were deeply scarred by the incident, hence why use of the word rape in just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Darragh29 wrote: »
    The answer to all of this isn't in the statute book. We are too fond of quoting chapter and verse of legislation and pulling people up on things from a legal point of view and seeking redress in whatever form we can find it, when it is in the vast majority of cases, our own behaviour that is the root cause of the problem, which is certainly the case here...

If he is sober enough to get it up and shag someone, then he is sober enough to say he doesn't want to have sex with someone who he actually does want to have sex with! It's not rape, it's not being taken advantage of, it's being pure stupid on your part OP. There isn't a law against being stupid or negligent with regard to your own safety.

I wasn't trying to quote legislation, I was pointing out that 'rape' is a very strong word and the OP seems to be using it rather flippantly, as you've pointed out. I absolutely agree with you on your last point, in fact I had written something very similar but didn't post it cos I would have been lambasted for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

His use of the word rape is stupid. Him getting into a situation he doesn't want to be in or him then coming here and alleging he was raped, I don't know which of these two options sounds the more stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Under the definition of the law a woman can not preform an act of rape.
    They can how ever preform an act of sexual assault and you know what Christy Manure
    yes no one should sexually assault another regardless of the circumstances but as this AH maybe you should consider the 'advice' that women get on here about not putting themselves in the positions to have make bad judgement calls which leave them open to being sexually assaulted, like getting shítefaced drunk, or maybe getting so drunk that you could not get a hard on.

IF you feel that you have been sexually assaulted while intoxicated and have had unprotected sex then why didn't you report it or go get help ?
    PLenty of dna samples and fibre samples could have been taken and really you may still need treatment for S.T.I. or what if you find yourself on the end of an order for dna testing in a paternity suit and end up paying 18 years of money to support a child you never consented to spawning ?

Wise up, drink less, get friends to keep and eye and make better choices.

excellent advice all round

wheni was in college i used to spend a large proportion of the latter stages of an evening out woth the group telling people that other people were too drunk

there are many sexula preadatoprs in waiting around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

would you mind going into more detail? I'm just curious as to the circumstances. hot girl suggests some bondage then rolls out her toothless cousin?

More like hot girl suggests some bondage and then goes considerably beyond the initial mandate by involving cigarette burns, beating and knives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Christy Manure

Darragh29 wrote: »
    His use of the word rape is stupid. Him getting into a situation he doesn't want to be in or him then coming here and alleging he was raped, I don't know which of these two options sounds the more stupid.

If my use of the word rape is stupid, then why is a woman's use of it not equally stupid when applied to the same situation with the sexes reversed?

If a girl complained about date rape, would you say to her, You were sober enough to get wet and spread your legs, so you must have been asking for it?

If not, then it implies that a double standard of sexual morality exists and men are held to higher standards of personal responsibility than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i awoke up one morning next to a ugly girl i am sure it must of been a date rape drug as i hadent that much to drink - maybe about 10 pints

Hang on date rape has nothing to do with drink or drugs.
    Date rape is when two adults agree go out on a date and consent to certain sexual activies up unto a point where one of them refuse to consent or stops consenting and the other person does not respects them and either continues or does preform sexual assult or an act of rape on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I should point out that had this thread read.

"Has anyone ever been raped"

It would have been locked quicker than a priests dungeon.

you should consider the 'advice' that women get on here about not putting themselves in the positions to have make bad judgement calls which leave them open to being sexually assaulted, like getting shítefaced drunk.

That is good advice. Not just to women, but to anyone. Too often women take offence at being given common sense advice and confuse it with having their rights restricted. For example: I have the 'right' to hang around on one of those estates in Limerick, but I would be pretty stupid to do so.
    or maybe getting so drunk that you could not get a hard on.

I have gotten about as drunk as is humanly possible and this has still never befallen me.
    Wise up, drink less, get friends to keep and eye and make better choices.

More good advice. How do you see this playing out? As in my earlier example? I.e. some girl goes to pounce on a friend who is totally plastered and one of his guy friends runs over to drive her away, while also calling her nasty names?

Lastly, any chance of filling me in on that Whore of Babylon stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Now my thoughts are in overdrive.... A woman, overpowering a man... Raping him.... Jeez!!!

Anyone been raped by a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

That is good advice. Not just to women, but to anyone. Too often women take offence at being given common sense advice and confuse it with having their rights restricted. For example: I have the 'right' to hang around on one of those estates in Limerick, but I would be pretty stupid to do so.

I have gotten about as drunk as is humanly possible and this has still never befallen me.

More good advice. How do you see this playing out? As in my earlier example? I.e. some girl goes to pounce on a friend who is totally plastered and one of his guy friends runs over to drive her away, while also calling her nasty names?

Lastly, any chance of filling me in on that Whore of Babylon stuff?

they don't need to use name calling,pitchforks and torches usually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

the above is a joke by Dusty Young [ it must of gone over your head]

Hang on date rape has nothing to do with drink or drugs.
    Date rape is when two adults agree go out on a date and consent to certain sexual activies up unto a point where one of them refuse to consent or stops consenting and the other person does not respects them and either continues or does preform sexual assult or an act of rape on them.

I don't believe that there is a univerally agreed, strict definition of rape or date rape. I agree that it all boils down to consent, but there is a grey area of how 'informed consent' is defined, and this is what I am referring to here.

Does a solicitor allow someone to make their will when that person is so drunk that they barely know their own name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Now my thoughts are in overdrive.... A woman, overpowering a man... Raping him.... Jeez!!!

Rape doesn't always have to include violence.

Example **cought a friend of mine ;) ** was with a girl one night. They got down to business quicker than he had anticipated and had no condoms so he refused to enter her.

She, hovering over him, chidded him about it and insisted on shagging anyway. But MY FRIEND never fvcked a one nighter without protect so refused.

She SAT DOWN ON HIS COCK and went at it. MY FRIEND pushed her off, told her exactly what he thought of her and said had he done that to a woman who'd said "NO" he'd be looking at 10yrs in prison.

Respect goes both ways, just because a bloke has a horn doesn't mean he wants to fvck, it only means he's ready when things are right.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

MIN2511 wrote: »

i bloody nearly have many times - the lesbians just dont like the no word

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Again blokes should the law is there to protect both genders from sexual assault and rape.

Edit sorry - i dont fact a war - so post deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There is the misconception that penetration has to be involved to make it rape, whereas a more general definition of rape is: forcing someone to have sex against their will.

Mairt wrote: »

Example **cought a friend of mine ;) ** was with a girl one night. They got down to business quicker than he had anticipated and had no condoms so he refused to enter her.

She, hovering over him, chidded him about it and insisted on shagging anyway. But MY FRIEND never fvcked a one nighter without protect so refused.

She SAT DOWN ON HIS COCK and went at it. MY FRIEND pushed her off, told her exactly what he thought of her and said had he done that to a woman who'd said "NO" he'd be looking at 10yrs in prison.

Respect goes both ways, just because a bloke has a horn doesn't mean he wants to fvck, it only means he's ready when things are right.

Your friend is to be saluted - just because his little friend is standing at attention doesn't mean he has to salute every random female that tries to pass herself off as his drill sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Mairt wrote: »

yes,very true. A friend (<_< >_> yes...) of mine woke up one morning camping with friends to find a girl riding him...Not good. Not good at all. *shudder*

Dudess wrote: »
    There is the misconception that penetration has to be involved to make it rape, whereas a more general definition of rape is: forcing someone to have sex against their will.

Is that one of those buddhist sayings that is meant to make you question your own sanity?

Edit: A kōan is a story, dialogue, question, or statement in the history and lore of Chán (Zen) Buddhism, generally containing aspects that are inaccessible to rational understanding:

A monk asked Dongshan Shouchu, "What is Buddha?" Dongshan said, "Three pounds of flax".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Me twitching anus is after flaring up again after reading this thread.:mad:

Actually rape does equal penetration under the law and ok women can rape if they penetrate with the unconsenting person with an object.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1990/en/act/pub/0032/sec0004.html
    4.—(1) In this Act "rape under section 4" means a sexual assault that includes—
    [GA]

( a ) penetration (however slight) of the anus or mouth by the penis, or

( b ) penetration (however slight) of the vagina by any object held or manipulated by another person.

(2) A person guilty of rape under section 4 shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for life.

(3) Rape under section 4 shall be a felony.

Anything else is Sexual assault or Aggravated sexual assault.
    Does a solicitor allow someone to make their will when that person is so drunk that they barely know their own name?

Sexual consent is something teen agers should be tought about in school.
    Lack of consent ie not saying no does not equal consent.

If a person knows that they make shítty decisions when they get drunk they should not get so drunk when out with strangers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Tigger wrote: »
    excellent advice all round

wheni was in college i used to spend a large proportion of the latter stages of an evening out woth the group telling people that other people were too drunk

there are many sexula preadatoprs in waiting around

Sexula preadatopr? is that some kind of insect?

Advertisement