Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital film scanner - advice please

• 22-10-2008 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm considering buying a digital film scanner that can be used to transfer negatives and slides onto a pC, as we have hundreds of old slides and photos and it would be great to have them in digital format.
    Does anyone use one of these, and how have you found them? Are they useful or more hassle than they are worth? Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I purchased a HP one (cant remember which model) for my father in law a few years ago as he had boxes of old slides and negatives going back 60yrs. He loves it and got the hang of it quiet quickly (he's 75). It's fantastic as family had never seen some of the photos and the quality is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Thanks very much, I'll look into that one. If its simple enough for my mum to use that will be even better!

Advertisement