Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New battery for phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The battery has run out and when I opened up the panel it has the following battery inside it:

ge security bs110n 6V 3.8Ah

Does anyone know where I can get a new one? I only need to source and fit a battery as opposed to take time of work to hang around until some random subcontractor arrives and takes a big chunk of my money to tell me I need a new battery and it will cost twice what it retails for plus installation plus VAT all carried out at their convenience (can you tell I've been in this situation before? :P ).

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any Alarm/electrical wholesaler would have these is stock.
    Where are you living?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Sounds good.

Southside Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Greenhills rainbow
    23 a Greenhill Industrial Estate
    Walkinstown
    Dublin 12
    Email: info@grdl.ie
    Phone: +353 (0)1 460 2014
    Fax: +353 (0)1 450 3115

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'll try them, thanks very much for that! :)

Update: "6v? 6V?, are you sure??"

They don't do anything like that.

Anyone else you can think of?

Try
    ADI-GARDINER DUBLIN
    UNIT 5
    BALLYMOUNT BUSINESS PARK
    BALLYMOUNT ROAD
    WALKINSTOWN
    DUBLIN 12
    T +353 (0) 1450 1366
    F +353 (0) 1450 2883

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

it must be a simon system you have. they use a 6 volt battery in the panel and in the hkc bell box they use. if you have any probs gettin one gimme a shout and ill sort you out:D
    i could post one to ye or if in dublin meet ye

ADI-GARDINER DUBLIN,

Fuppin muppets [/rant]

"Strictly trade, we don't deal with the public." :mad::mad::mad:

Here's the battery in question. Blurred pic cause the alarm was blaring at me :eek:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/dyflin/DSC01057.jpg

Dont mind that you go into them with cash in your hand & they will take if

Advertisement