Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh dear - Kerry Katona on This Morning

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭

Looks like she's 'exhausted' or 'stressed' again. :rolleyes:
    KERRY Katona made a shocking appearance on This Morning today when she seemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs – and got angry with the show’s presenters when they asked her about her drinking habits.

The I’m A Celebrity star, 28, repeatedly slurred her words during her interview on the show – and looked put out when questioned by Fern Britton and Philip Schofield.

When Fern asked her about a story printed in OK! Magazine – which said she had champagne and shots of alcohol before doing a photo shoot – Kerry angrily said: “I’m on my holiday, I’m a 28-year-old woman, I’m allowed to have a drink.

“I don’t understand what you are trying to say.”

And when Fern explained how people with addictive personalities can easily get new addictions, and asked whether she had replaced hers with alcohol, Kerry – who has battled a cocaine addiction – insisted: “No, not at all.”

“I’m on holiday in Spain, I'm allowed a drink aren’t I? Does that mean I'm an alcoholic?

“I thought you were trying to imply I’m an alcoholic.”

And when Phil told her she had changed from the girl he used to know, the mum-of-four huffed and looked annoyed.

Earlier in the interview, the Phil and Fern told her they had been contacted by viewers during her appearance on the show, expressing concern.

Phillip said: “You don’t look right to me, are you ok ?”

She blamed it on taking prescription drugs to help her get to sleep the previous night and she said she woke up at 2am to take them.

She admitted she continued to smoke despite doctors warning her it might affect her health after the recent surgery on her breasts.

Kerry kept looking around the studio, calling out for her husband Mark but claimed she was “fine.”

Locked off her head and it was not even 11am. What a chav she is. Wouldn't be surprised if social services came knocking round.

No doubt though that the Late Late will roll out the red carpet for her when she wants to have a chat with Pat about how she hates living in england, adn loves the Oirish really.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh dear, she does look quite a mess there! She's slurring throughout the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

She's slurring and her jaw is working overtime. Like she's cracking Halloween nuts with those molars....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Anyone that I ever met, who was bankrupted by the Inland Revenue, couldn't afford a holiday, let alone a body transplant. I would imagine that the IR is keeping a watchful eye on her outgoings.

They obviously had no sympathy for her whatsoever - and they know more about her than we do. Slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Apologies to JP Liz and olaola - I was trying to merge your posts on the other Kerry Katona thread with this thread and I ended up merging your posts with each other and then deleting them! Very sorry about that. Feel free to post what you said in this thread if you want to.

On-topic: I can't watch the clip on this computer but from the reports it sounds v messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is that another 'Mum of the Year' award I smell?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Oh my God !
    What a mess - the poor girl was all over the place - 4 little kids under 7 under her control ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

1966 wrote: »
    Oh my God !
    What a mess - the poor girl was all over the place - 4 little kids under 7 under her control ????

Ah its alright little molly is like a "mother hen".... I really hope social services were watching

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

You don't get a jaw like that from drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Shouldn't McFatten now be at the stage of moving back here/UK for the sake of his kids. It's clear that she isn't fit to care for them.

Shouldn't McFatten now be at the stage of moving back here/UK for the sake of his kids. It's clear that she isn't fit to care for them.

Wouldn't imagine her new husband is too hands on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Wow, her poor kiddies! Then again, she could be telling the truth and it COULD have just been her sleeping medication...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The scum of the earth..has she never heard of birth control even if she's obvioulsly unable to control herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh wow.. that was cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

OMG :eek: I am just halfway through the full lenght version and I am cringing for her big time! She just offered Phil a look at her boobs when the cameras stop!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Some times I think Max Clifford has the hardest job in the world. Explain THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tired and emotional. Permanently. "It's me bipolar innit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Cringe! She's a disaster. God love the kids. McFathead seriously needs to take his two girls off her. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Here she is Drunk
    Added yesterday and has half a million views

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shaz74

oh my god ……
    i am a registered nurse working in an emergency department and have to say thart i dont think that clopromazine would cause this acute state,yes according to the mims and the bmf it can cause slurring of speech, dry mouth and altered facial movements but in 15 years working i have failed to come across such a representation with so many of the possible symptoms . on the other hand i all too frequently encounter substance abusers presenting in this manner. if it is a case that her medications are causing these symptoms i would advise her to have them changed !
    shame on mark croft to allow his wife to appear on a tv show in such a condition- but perhaps he has his eye on another top of the range car to add to his vast collection !
    kerry … get a life! brian mc fadden should now get the automatic custody of molly and lilly sue that he deserves. social services take note !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Former Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona has hit back at allegations that she was drunk while doing a This Morning interview yesterday. "Kerry would like to categorically state for the record that that the only thing she drank before the show was cups of tea," said her husband Mark Croft. Katona appeared erratic, slurring her speech and seeming disorientated. “Having answered the questions to the best of her ability, Kerry was upset at the insinuation that she was on anything other than the prescription drugs, which she has always been honest about taking," Croft added. This Morning presenter Philip Schofield denied that the star had been ambushed, saying that she arrived too late for producers to assess her condition. She was "obviously very, very angry with us and she got up and walked out of the studio with her husband," he said. SOURCE: BBC(23/10/2008)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

What I find funny is the amount of people claiming to have slept with her husband. First of all, if I ever slept with him( I NEVER, EVER would!!) I would shoot myself in the head. I certaintly wouldnt be telling anyone. And, oh yeah.....he's ugly, and not rich!! She's rich, I could understand women sleeping with, say, just to freak you out, Bruce Forthsythe for the money, but Mark Croft??? Has no money!!

JP Liz, as per the charter, please put in a source when you're copying and pasting things, wrap quote tags around them so it's clear that they're a quote from another source, and preferably make a comment of your own about the article.

I know the changes to the charter have just been made in the past few days so this is just a friendly warning, but bear them in mind or it moves up to infractions and stuff. Thanks.

EDIT: I've merged posts from the old Kerry Katona thread into this one. Let's keep all discussion of her appearance on This Morning to this thread alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How did she get onto "This Morning" without Max Clifford knowing? Surely they would have booked her via Max?

Clifford was on the Afternoon Show today - seems that contact with her has lessened in the last three months. Reading into what he is saying she is under control now of her husband!! God help her......

• Registered Users Posts: 34 silverhillgirl

she looks like she's on ecstacy

Enough with the speculation about what you think she's on! Totally dodgy legal territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Ive just watched that interview and cant believe she went on in that state - she seemed out of it. Quite sad though, she looks fantastic but is obviously in a lot of pain as well as being totally out of it.

Why did that knob of a husband oh hers let her go on to make a total tit of herself .. Oh, maybe he 'needs' a new car and was thinking of the dosh..

I've edited the thread title to stop people from constantly dragging up that old thread about her and to stick to posting in this one.

Back on topic: Philip Schofield did an interview yesterday about the whole thing and he said that cos she arrived late, there was no time to talk to her before the programme started. There's also a pretty sad quote from him, which makes it clear that he thinks her husband is the bad influence.
    From here:
    "It's a shame that she feels that way because unfortunately she set herself up, or she was set up by the person who brought her in," Schofield said.

He added: "The last thing I want to do is to witness a car crash in front of my eyes."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 richiejg

Used to be a drugie now shes a pisshead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

richiejg wrote: »
    Used to be a drugie now shes a pisshead

Never know ,might be both

Advertisement