Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I whant to say THANK YOU to Bioware, you are great!

Options
  • 22-10-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU, to all bioware staff who were working on Mass effect. You really pulled that one out!

I wount go in to review or something. i will just say this one: In last 6 years of gaming only 1 game gave me that good old feeling of: I MUST PLAY MORE TO FIND OUT WHATS NEXT!. That game was Bioshock.

I had lost faith in to gaming industry after seeing poor quality titles one after anather, which just cant keep mine attention more then for 2 hours.
    After finishing 13 hours shift i was coming home and playing mass effect for anather 4 hours until i just drop dead sleep :D. The developers who can make such game, deserves some respect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

On behalf of Bioware, you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

excellent game alright, after I'd got over the initial disapointment of sub standard graphics due to it being a port it was one of the most enjoyable I've played in quite some time.

Really need to work on their draconian security measures though, great way to drive gamers away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I whant to say THANK YOU to Bioware, you are great!
    And I whant to say thank you for spell checkers... great inventions altogether. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

is it really that good? i was thinking of getting it for the pc but couldnt decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd be extra thankful to Bioware if they released the KOTOR MMO on 360!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

THANK YOU, to all bioware staff who were working on Mass effect. You really pulled that one out!

I wount go in to review or something. i will just say this one: In last 6 years of gaming only 1 game gave me that good old feeling of: I MUST PLAY MORE TO FIND OUT WHATS NEXT!. That game was Bioshock.

I had lost faith in to gaming industry after seeing poor quality titles one after anather, which just cant keep mine attention more then for 2 hours.
    After finishing 13 hours shift i was coming home and playing mass effect for anather 4 hours until i just drop dead sleep :D. The developers who can make such game, deserves some respect.

I agree i only picked up Mass Effect a month ago and i played it straight for 4 hours non stop it was that good. Not many games have that "magic". Its a game that you must get to end of its a "Must Finish" game and there aint many of them around:) I think the last time i played such a game was maybe "Bioshock,Half-Life 2 and possably STALKER:SOC"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'd be extra thankful to Bioware if they released the KOTOR MMO on 360!

I'd be even more thankful if they dropped the MMO aspect. Didn't rate Mass Effect that much, felt that in comparison to KOTOR and the Baldur's Gate series it was a fairly shallow experience. Far, far too short as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I thought Mass Effect was pretty poor really. Great story telling, absolutely terrible combat and the slowest elevators ever to grace a game.....

I tried to like it (like that bread with seeds in it) but it just wasn't happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

I thought Mass Effect was pretty poor really. Great story telling, absolutely terrible combat and the slowest elevators ever to grace a game.....

I tried to like it (like that bread with seeds in it) but it just wasn't happening.

Yeah those lifts were sooo longggg the one in the citdel going down to C-Sec was like a good minute plus you couldnt move your character or so anything really really boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i must agree, its been a few years since i got sucked into a single player rpg like mass effect, although it has some problems. Repetitive side-missions, combat a bit cumbersome at times, emm elevators, yes.
    Usually in rpgs i dont want to read or listen to all the lore but i loved all the lore in this probably coz im sick of reading about some elven story about some castles and ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Get that man a can of coke!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr E wrote: »
    And I whant to say thank you for spell checkers... great inventions altogether. :)

i am not irish m8, i am lithuanian, so mine english is really not that good. There will be allways atleast someone to trash me for that. i hate english teachers in forums :(.

And yes, mass effect is not perfect game, it has its ups and downs. But it has that worm feeling that just makes you hook on it and not let go. i really thankfull to bioware to let me experience this once more.

And yeah,some one said right here, kind of sick of all those elfs and dwarfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Yeah dude - it was a seriously class game, I loved it too - the story unfolds VERY interestingly! my favourite bit was (warning spoiler)
    the first time you speak to the reaver, whoa what an EVIL emotionless sounding voice! sent a shiver up my back!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good game even though the gaming model seemed identical to KOTOR. Pity they are joining the MMO bandwagon. Where all the cash is these days I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

i am not irish m8, i am lithuanian, so mine english is really not that good. There will be allways atleast someone to trash me for that. i hate english teachers in forums :(.
    Sorry man, I couldn't resist (and I even put a smiley after it to show that I was only joking). Sorry if you were offended.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sorry man, I couldn't resist (and I even put a smiley after it to show that I was only joking). Sorry if you were offended.

Just pick on the Dubs who type "I seen". I can accept someone saying it but I'll never get over the fact that people will type it. You'll be sure it's not a non-national but at the same time I suppose you can never be certain it's their first language even if they are Irish.

its cool m8. No worries, ussually i get worse treatment then that ;) .

I do love these forums. Number of pricks here is minimum. So even with mine chopped english i dont get flammed :D .

anyway lads, i hope to see Mass effect 2. And this time i will preorder it. I wount wait and doubt like i did on first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Don't worry about it mate just ignore the grammer nazi's there generally assholes who get a kick out of pointing out petty mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't worry about it mate just ignore the grammer nazi's there generally assholes who get a kick out of pointing out petty mistakes.

nazis
    their

sorry, had to. :)

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't worry about it mate just ignore the grammer nazi's they are generally assholes who get a kick out of pointing out petty mistakes.

Sorry couldn't resist :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

KOTOR is the only game that i like from Bioware:pac: i thought this thread is gonna talk about that

i might get a hand on Mass effect on pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

musician wrote: »
    Sorry couldn't resist :)

Hehe no worries i can see the funny side of it after me pointing it out, but when i see people adding nothing to a thread but pointing out grammer mistakes it gets me a little peeved.

Boards.ie is really bad for it aswell, must be something to do with the irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The only game by bioware i've liked was the Sonic RPG for the DS.

Telling Amy Rose that she never deserved to be happy was the best thing ever. Also, it didn't have their shitty Good/Evil morality system where your choices are only ever one of three really obvious ones

NPC: HELP ME!

A: I'll help because i'm good and that's what good people do they help, i'm ohh so good and please tell me what a good boy i am

B: I'll help you, but gimme money, for i am the morally ambigious character. Like Hans Solo but without the charm. Also, money. now.

C: DIE AWHAHAHARGLEBLARGLE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Loved Mass Effect apart from the stupid elevators and ever worse, the most retarded land vehicle controls ever conceived of in a computer game. The Lightcycles in Tron had better controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

loved everything about mass effect with the exception of the mako.

The main story was far to short though it could of used another two planets similar to noveria.

The games soundtrack was a highpoint it really added to the atmosphere.

hopfully mass effect two will be out in 3 years. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

really I thought we were past all this behaviour.

I'll just clarify - Mocking people's grammar or spelling on an online forum makes you seem like spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

C: DIE AWHAHAHARGLEBLARGLE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

This made me laugh. Have some thanks.

I've been meaning to pick up Mass Effect for ages and seeing as I just got my old job back I guess it's finally time. Just as soon as I find the cheapest copy. :)
    I'm happy to see there is some genuine love for the game. It doesn't need to be perfect. Just enjoyable. And it will help pass the time until Fable 2 comes down a bit.

Sandor wrote: »
    This made me laugh. Have some thanks.

I've been meaning to pick up Mass Effect for ages and seeing as I just got my old job back I guess it's finally time. Just as soon as I find the cheapest copy. :)
    I'm happy to see there is some genuine love for the game. It doesn't need to be perfect. Just enjoyable. And it will help pass the time until Fable 2 comes down a bit.

exactly m8, mass effect is not perfect game, but it is one of moust enjoyable games out there. I was same, stayed away from it, then mine eircom was down for 2 weaks, so i decided to give some love to mine xblender. And it was worth it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really liked some parts of Mass Effect (combat did a good job of combining stat gameplay and real time) but other bits were pretty annoying: the aforementioned never ending elevators, repetitive side quests, bad storytelling at times (the optional 'romance' is of George Lucas quality). But it is a very solid RPG, although it suffers from a blander universe and mythology than Knights of the Old Republic (for pretty obvious reasons!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Maximilian wrote: »
    Loved Mass Effect apart from the stupid elevators

Drove me fukcing mental.
    Had forgotten about them.

Advertisement