Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What acts/djs you really wanna see?

• 22-10-2008 1:28pm

...so looks like I'll finally get to see 808 State after 20 years.

Would like to catch Nathan Fake or Extrawelt at some stage too. Don't think either have Ireland penned in any tours yet.

Any ones you really want to see?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Saw the title of the thread and was gonna say Nathan Fake too. I saw Extrawelt in Frankfurt a few months ago and they were class. Well worth it if they come over here anytime soon.

Other acts id love to see would be Marc Houle, Das Glow, Gui Boratto, Loco Dice, Radio Slave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd like to see Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath & James Holden.
    I've also never seen the Chemical Brothers so would like to see them (I know, I've been living under a rock!)

And I'd also like to see Mr. C. Cox for old time's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Radioslave, Carl Cox, Alter Ego

I'd like to see Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath & James Holden.

Sven Vath and Extrawelt in Manchester on 14th November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Both Nathan Fake & James Holden are playing at a Mogwai after show party I'm heading to on Friday.

What are they like? Haven't heard of either before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Axwell, Dirty South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I actually think I've seen everyone I want to see at this moment in time... will need another couple of months to listen to some more stuff probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Without wanting to sound as if im boasting but ive seen just about every top DJ,etc there is but here are some acts id love to see again (ive seen them before but not in ages)

ORBITALid do anything to see them again, the greatest thing ever in dance music

808 State (3 weeks in Tripod:D)
    Future Sound Of London
    The Orb
    Underworld
    Underground Resistance
    Spiral Tribe

Danny Rampling
    Graeme Park
    Dave Angel
    Colin Dale
    Dave Clarke
    Liberator DJ's
    Paul Trouble Anderson
    Alistair Whitehead
    Joey Beltram
    CJ Mackintosh
    Tony Humphries
    Easygroove
    DJ Ratty
    LTJ Bukem
    Goldie
    Fabio

That's all i can think of right now.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

There are lots I would still love to see, but I think FSOL are probably one of the biggest regrets that I have not seen and not likely to either... although maybe given the amount of reissues and unreleased stuff they might just tour again.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Some others that are pretty unlikely though...

Monolake
    Deadbeat
    B12 (missed these a couple of months ago, raging!)
    Sun Electric
    Leftfield (I have never seen them live)
    System 7
    Aphex Twin
    Move D
    Banco De Gaia
    Underground Resistance - well, more so Galaxy 2 Galaxy
    Drexciya (which definitely won't happen)
    Luke Slater (as the 7th Plain)
    Basic Channel / Rhythm & Sound

Among others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Felixdhc wrote: »
    There are lots I would still love to see, but I think FSOL are probably one of the biggest regrets that I have not seen and not likely to either... although maybe given the amount of reissues and unreleased stuff they might just tour again.
    FSOL; they're headlining a festival over in england next summer, so you never know - they might throw in a few extra dates on top of that. Well, we'll hope anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jonny68 wrote: »
    ORBITALid do anything to see them again, the greatest thing ever in dance music

Wouldn't say no to that myself (seen them once, but definately would again)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Yeah I'd like to see Danny Rampling again and definitely Master at Work. Ron Trent would be worth catching as would Tony Humphries or David Morales

FSOL; they're headlining a festival over in england next summer, so you never know - they might throw in a few extra dates on top of that. Well, we'll hope anyways

really:eek: which one i have to go to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

FSOL are headlining Bloc at Butlins I think. I'd pay top dollar to see Jean Michelle Garre, Kraftwetk, Tangerine Dream, Jeff Mills, Nathan Fake, James Holden, Sub Focus and High Contrast.

Luckily I can knock daedelus off that list on Sunday :)

nah_biy! wrote: »
    FSOL are headlining Bloc at Butlins I think. I'd pay top dollar to see Jean Michelle Garre, Kraftwetk, Tangerine Dream, Jeff Mills, Nathan Fake, James Holden, Sub Focus and High Contrast.

Luckily I can knock daedelus off that list on Sunday :)

cheers man i assume it's this one
    http://www.virtualfestivals.com/bloc-weekend-2009

will defo try to make it to this although im supposed to be going to Las Vegas/San Fran on the 15th March, will think of something.

This is actually the last gig they performed all the way back in 1997, amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xh1gpfd4ik

Still up there with the very best tunes of all time.:cool:

http://www.discogs.com/release/93379

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCoCTkC0oL0

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Both Nathan Fake & James Holden are playing at a Mogwai after show party I'm heading to on Friday.

What are they like? Haven't heard of either before.

wow, I'd love to see Mogwai also, they are totally different to the likes of Holden but I've listened to some of their stuff and I love it...not a million miles away from 'Godspeed you Black Emperor'...

anyway, I can only talk about what I've heard of Holden on CDs and he's fairly minimalist (sorry, I'm not down on the latest jargon!) and fairly out there. It may not be pumping or anything but still great mixing and fairly out there...he may mix stuff from Aphex Twin to Plastikman (Hawtin) but sure I'm only basing this on his CD stuff etc.

I saw a youtube clip of him being interviewed after a set once and the lad looked totally out of it, stoned out of his tits ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Just scanning through the thread in a bit more detail, about 75% of the DJs named have at some stage played ilovetechno, especially since 2005.

Sonde Monde Sterne is the next event I need to get to, Sven Vath's real stomping ground. Dunno has any one seen his famous set from there (2005 I think), just different class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I always love seeing Chris Liebing, amazing DJ.

John Digweed too.

Sven Vath mainly, wouldn't be holding my breath for them to come here again soon though.

• Advertisement

Jay D reminded me I would also love to see John Digweed, his Global Underground 19 (LA) mix was brilliant...OK 7 years old now but still sounds excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I'd give an arm and a leg to see James Murphy of LCD soundsystem. So yeah, I'll probably pay the 22.50 they're asking

Id also love to see Jim Masters again, he was big in the mid 1990's but you don't hear a lot from him thesedays although he does still play out but hasn't been to Ireland in years as far as im aware,he used to play with Carl Cox a lot, anyone remember him?

http://www.myspace.com/jimmasters

Advertisement