Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Single Released

• 22-10-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Never thought I would see this day but it looks like this album is finally coming out !

The new single 'Chinese Democracy' has been delivered to radio stations this morning and it has been played on many US stations and UK stations already ... still haven't heard it on an Irish station yet.

here is a link to it:
    http://www.q1043.com/pages/news/gunsnroses/

Opinions ...?? Personally I think its brilliant and blows away any previous leaks of this track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Sounds way better than the leaked version

Single will be played on BBC Radio 1 just after 14:00

Album supposed to be out on the 23/11/08

1. Chinese Democracy
    2. Scraped
    3. Shackler's Revenge
    4. Street Of Dreams
    5. If The World
    6. Better
    7. This I Love
    8. There Was A Time
    9. Riad N' The Bedovins
    10. Sorry
    11. I.R.S.
    12. Catcher
    13. Madagascar
    14. Prostitute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

Good song, wouldn't say it blows away the previous leaks, in fact I think it sounded better without the new guitar riff under the verse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

When can we expect to hear it on Irish radio? Have any DJ's been talking about it yet.
    It sounds cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I presume Irish DJ's have it as it has been played on UK stations already today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

$lash wrote: »
    I presume Irish DJ's have it as it has been played on UK stations already today.

Id say a good few of them have it, but theres a very good reason why they arent playing it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I think it's a pile of poop. The guitarsound was going through my head. It's such a shame that Guns N' Roses name is attatched to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It's alright.......nothin special. It doesn't jump out at me in the same way that "Better" and "The Blues" did the first time I heard 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Bloody Hell.... AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Billy Idol, Whitesnake all releasing singles in this past few months. And now GnR!!! Excellent! I feel like I'm back at school again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

I ain't given it a listen yet, I'll have to wait 'till I get off work for that. Though after the last GnR gig in Dublin, I didn't think Axel Rose had the stamina for it anymore. Good to see another of the greats back in the game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

MINNEAPOLIS, October 22, 2008 – Best Buy and Geffen Records announced that one of the most highly anticipated albums of all time, Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy, will be available beginning Nov. 23 at Best Buy and BestBuy.com on CD, vinyl, and digital downloads. The title track, the first single from the album, was released to radio today, October 22. Chinese Democracy is the first album of new material from one of rock’s most influential bands since the 1991 simultaneous releases of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II.

“The release of Chinese Democracy marks a historic moment in rock n’ roll,” said co-managers Irving Azoff and Andy Gould. “We’re launching with a monumental campaign developed by Gary Arnold and the Best Buy team that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself. Guns N’ Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.”

“Chinese Democracy is one of the most highly anticipated albums in music history, and Best Buy is thrilled to deliver this explosive and previously elusive release to Guns N’ Roses fans. Longtime fans will be rewarded for their patience and loyalty to this great band, while a new generation of fans will be blown away,” said Gary Arnold, Senior Entertainment Officer for Best Buy. “Axl Rose is one of the most dynamic and gifted writers and performers in modern music. Best Buy is excited to work with Axl to make the release of Chinese Democracy THE musical event of 2008!”

“Guns N’ Roses is THE premier American rock band,” commented Steve Berman, President, Sales and Marketing, Interscope Geffen A&M Records. “Partnering with Gary and everyone at Best Buy to release one of rock’s most anticipated and legendary albums is truly a moment in music history. We’re thrilled to be able to announce that Chinese Democracy is coming, it’s coming this year, and it’s coming to Best Buy.”

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, the album, which will be released on Black Frog/Geffen Records, includes 14 tracks. “Shackler’s Revenge” debuted September 14 through the Rock Band 2 videogame and “If The World” can be heard in the film Body Of Lies, which premiered on October 11.

Chinese Democracy is being released in three formats: CD, Vinyl LP (with a free digital download of the tracks), and as a digital album. Pre-orders at www.BestBuy.com/chinesedemocracy begin today.

Also check out http://www.gunsnroses.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Can't believe its finally happened. I've been following various gnr forums for about 4 and a half years, following the saga, and this is press release we've all been waiting for. Too bad we've 11 of the 13 songs already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Its good....thats about it. Its a good rock song. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

A guy on another forum I'm on (music related) posted this... I think it sums up this song....
    By the sound of the opening riff, I think he recorded a guitar track each day, then just ran all 4700 of those into a single compressed track, and spent an afternoon attempting to copy the vocal stylings of Rob Zombie and Stevie Nicks. He followed that with a half-assed drum track, some barely audible bass (a tribute to any bassist who thinks he can do 'Duff' better than Duff), and tossed on the background sound effects from "Saving Private Ryan".

THEN he got out the crack pipe.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great to see Axl getting down from that huge hill he has been living in for so long and get back to writing and finally into the studio to record his first new material since 1991. Man Star Trek:The Next Generation still had 3 years left when that happened.....

Anyway I am looking forward to it. Could be a very good year for Geffen as Guns 'N' Roses, Snoop Dogg and The Game with all new material out now. Can't wait, gonna get it over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Here's the album art...

jpg_highrescd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DenMan wrote: »
    Great to see Axl getting down from that huge hill he has been living in for so long and get back to writing and finally into the studio to record his first new material since 1991. Man Star Trek:The Next Generation still had 3 years left when that happened.....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of that album was written years ago. It can be heard on several bootlegs. The overall recording process took the guts of about seven years or something, add a few more years of breaks, lineup differences and tours just to delay it even more.

That said, i'm still gonna buy it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

There was a great article in the NY Times a couple of years back
    about the MANY problems with this album.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/06leed.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is a decent tune, looking forward to the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Had a listen to it there, damn good song. From what I heard so far, this is shaping up to be a damn solid album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

listened to it about 10 times yesterday, and I have to say I like it too........I wasn't blown away by it - but definitely a solid track, and has grown more by the listen......looking forward to the finished article....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Its a pretty good track , remains to be seen if the album is worthy of the wait , hype and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

I think the track is a grower and it certainly takes a few listens to get a feel for it.... No matter what Axl puts out its going to get panned by the usual '15 years for this' types ... I think it was a great choice as its a good strong kick ass rock tune... I would expect 'Better' which is a more catchy, even bordering on poppy type of tune to be single number 2.

The funny thing is that this is one of the weakest tracks on the album - Cather in The Rye, Better, IRS, Prostitute, Sorry, This I Love, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time are all superior and have hit song written all over them.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of that album was written years ago. It can be heard on several bootlegs. The overall recording process took the guts of about seven years or something, add a few more years of breaks, lineup differences and tours just to delay it even more.

That said, i'm still gonna buy it. :D

Your right there, well aware of it though. Sounds like Guns 'N' Roses alright, always a long term project. Let's hope for a solid album. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

aww good song!! Its very new age rock but has more than enough o the raw vintage rock in it to satisfy me!

Can anyone please explain the album cover tho?? what the hell is the bike supposed to mean???

Can anyone please explain the album cover tho?? what the hell is the bike supposed to mean???

See my above post. It's always a long road for Axl and hopefully he has reached his final destination. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It sounds really good. I have never listened to any of the bootleg stuff so hearing it is a first. It could be a good album.

aww good song!! Its very new age rock but has more than enough o the raw vintage rock in it to satisfy me!

Thats a photo that Axl took in China - the graffiti was already there and he thought it was cool. He explained that at a concert around 2000 sometime and he showed the photo on a big screen to the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DenMan wrote: »
    Your right there, well aware of it though. Sounds like Guns 'N' Roses alright, always a long term project. Let's hope for a solid album. :)

I'm pretty confident we'll get one. Not to say you won't have the nitpickers who'll say "it's not the real GNR" despite the fact that the majority of the current lineup have been there over 12 years. :rolleyes:

Advertisement