Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Single Released

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Transvision Vamp - Baby I Don't Care Intro

You'll thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

robz150 wrote: »
    Sounds way better than the leaked version

Single will be played on BBC Radio 1 just after 14:00

Album supposed to be out on the 23/11/08

1. Chinese Democracy
    2. Scraped
    3. Shackler's Revenge
    4. Street Of Dreams
    5. If The World
    6. Better
    7. This I Love
    8. There Was A Time
    9. Riad N' The Bedovins
    10. Sorry
    11. I.R.S.
    12. Catcher
    13. Madagascar
    14. Prostitute

Where's 'Oh My God' ? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

funktastic wrote: »
    Transvision Vamp - Baby I Don't Care Intro

You'll thank me later.

Why would we? They sound nothing alike!
    Next thing you'll be saying it ripped off Nirvana, or Boston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Where's 'Oh My God' ? :(

Not on the album. I can't believe that Rhiad is on there!?? Terrible song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I think Rhiad is awesome, or has potential to be anyway. The leak of it I heard was mixed really badly, but that was probably a rough demo.

I'm utterly shocked that the majority of the comments on here so far have been positive. Any topic on a non GNR forum I've read in the past 2/3 years has been overwhelmingly negative and turned into an Axl bashing fest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I think Rhiad is awesome, or has potential to be anyway. The leak of it I heard was mixed really badly, but that was probably a rough demo.

I'm utterly shocked that the majority of the comments on here so far have been positive. Any topic on a non GNR forum I've read in the past 2/3 years has been overwhelmingly negative and turned into an Axl bashing fest.

It's probably because we're not living in denial. People have to realise that things change over time. The old GNR is gone and frankly I'd rather the new GNR album than no GNR at all.

That said, the lack of Oh My God is ****e. It was one of my favourite songs on the album,after IRS,Better and There was a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i havnt listened to any of the bootleg stuff but this didnt really do it for me. felt very "meh" after it. and as clichéd as it is to say at this point its not really guns n roses, just axl rose with his new band using the guns n roses name.

Having said that i'm surprised its finally coming out. all we need now is duke nukem forever to come out this year and we'll be lookin at a miracle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I was nervous listening to this but I have to say I like it! The first guitar chords made me feel like I was back in my early teens listening to my latest GnR album. It'll never be the same without the rest of the band but it still sounds like gnr. There's definite drunken air guitar solos when the clubs pick it up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's not really Guns n Roses but I'm still really looking forward to it. The single sounds good and I've managed not to have heard most of the rest of it, apart from Shackler's Revenge which isn't bad itself. Would probably go see them if they played a show here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Same here. I would hope they will be touring for the new album in the new year (as most bands do) :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm looking forward to the album, but on first listen of this song i don't find it very overwhelming... Nothing special about it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Oh my god their a heavy metal band, i like it but i might sound like a broken record now but i prefer the old stuff with slash on guitar.

Velvet Revolver is way better than g 'n' r now

rgjmce wrote: »
    Oh my god their a heavy metal band, i like it but i might sound like a broken record now but i prefer the old stuff with slash on guitar.

Velvet Revolver is way better than g 'n' r now

How? They don't even have a vocalist for christs sakes! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Plus the second VR album sucked! And the first one, while very good when it came out, it leaves no lasting impression, haven't listened to it in a long time and feel no desire to.

VR had about 3 songs that were any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

that was aural sodomy of the highest calibur...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

listened to it a few times now. hasn't quite grabbed me tbh. then again,that could be my love for the original band is fighting against this new tune. i won't judge it on one track,i'll give the album a listen first. i know people will say forget the original band but at the end of the day the record has the name GUNS N' ROSES on it,you can't disregard the past.

Plenty of bands have changed lineups over the years. I don't see how the name should mean anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The rest of the album ****s all over this track.

lord lucan wrote: »
    i know people will say forget the original band but at the end of the day the record has the name GUNS N' ROSES on it,you can't disregard the past.

I'm not saying forget the original lineups. Appetite for Destruction is a timeless credit. The Use Your Illusions are now regarded as classics. But that time is long gone.

I'm also a fan of Van Halen and Marillion and i was so sick of the lack of acceptance from old school fans, especially during the Hagar era. The same fans who wanted Roth back in 1996 so badly who were the same ones who were sick of his arrogance in 1983-84! As great as a showman Diamond Dave was, he wasn't much of a vocalist. But 10 years of backlash there was enough to bore me to tears because people couldn't move on.

With Marillion, that's even worse as it's almost 20 years ago when Steve Hogarth replaced Fish. According to what seemed like about 70% of it's fanbase at the time, the band died in 1988! Even scarier now, the band and the present and former vocalists are all on good terms, but yet there are so many people who are still holding a torch for Fish to return.

This isn't like Iron Maiden, where Bailey steps in for a couple of years, band realises this isn't working out and Dicko comes back and they return to glory. A few years absence, fair enough, there's a chance. But it's been close to 15 years since the Illusion lineup were together. The fact that people still can't let go is a bit of a shame. I'm trying to be impartial in the case of GNR. Anyone i knew that went to the RDS gig in 2006 that didn't enjoy it went in with the mindset that the gig was going to be crap because it didn't have the Illusion lineup. Personally i enjoyed hearing all the old stuff live. Although Bumblefoot's timing was way off, to his credit, he wasn't in the band all that long at the time and has improved a lot since.

Meh, rant over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Plenty of bands have changed lineups over the years. I don't see how the name should mean anything.

You wouldn't find too many bands who've had as many lineup changes as G'N'R though. History has shown that fans can find it difficult sometimes to accept drastic lineup changes or the loss of certain members. In other cases, the band changes its name/morphs into a new band (Joy Division/New Order) or just disbands (Nirvana).

true but when all thats left is the lead singer it's a little different. i'll admit that i'm completely biased towards the original band. i did go to the 06 gig and enjoyed it but only cause i got to hear axls vocals again. other than that it felt like watching a cover band. thats obviously just my opinion and i'm not gonna bash anyone for liking the new band,the HTGTH forum is the place to go if you wanna bash the original line-up(esp. slash):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

/jarmo :pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    true but when all thats left is the lead singer it's a little different. i'll admit that i'm completely biased towards the original band. i did go to the 06 gig and enjoyed it but only cause i got to hear axls vocals again. other than that it felt like watching a cover band. thats obviously just my opinion and i'm not gonna bash anyone for liking the new band,the HTGTH forum is the place to go if you wanna bash the original line-up(esp. slash):D
    In fairness, Dizzy's still there, and Izzy played with them at several shows.

It's true that they're pretty much a cover band when it comes to playing the old songs, though to me what made the original GNR songs so good was 50% Axl and 50% Slash, so seeing Axl perform them was enjoyable and worthwhile.

The new and old bands shouldn't be compared as much as they are though IMO. I just look at it as Axl's solo project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love it. Axl still has it. woo some legend.

RonMexico wrote: »
    /jarmo :pac:

ME: "axl is crap"

JARMO: banned!!:D

JJ wrote: »
    You wouldn't find too many bands who've had as many lineup changes as G'N'R though.

The Cult? VAST? The Mission? The Sisters Of Mercy?

Trust me, GNR are tame by comparison!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This album is going to kick serious ass, I cannot wait, less than a month to go and my mouth is watering each day in anticipation....it caused some problems in work the other day but other than that I think Ill be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

Great song

Axl's a genius but for people to really give a s*it about this band again they gotta regroup completely, Axl won't be able to carry this band on his own.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ5-8ctG4c

• Advertisement

how is this doin in the charts cant find it anywhere is it a flunk?

Advertisement