Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Single Released

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

It was just released to radio . I don't think it is was for general release . Has anybody actually heard this on any Irish radio station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Stella89 wrote: »
    It was just released to radio . I don't think it is was for general release . Has anybody actually heard this on any Irish radio station?

I heard it once on 2FM during the day. I'm not sure it's the kind of music they would play during the day though. I rarely hear AC/DC's or Metallica's new song on it either probably because they wouldn't have the same general appeal as something like Britney or Katie Perry would to their listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Stella89 wrote: »

Today FM have played it a few times, its pretty good. I likes it anywho!! :)

They also play the odd Zep, Lizzy, AC/DC (Rock n Roll Train has been played quite a few times in the last few weeks), all during the day. Not a bad wee station all in all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have two things to say:

Its not Guns N Roses.

The album is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

adox wrote: »
    I have two things to say:

Its not Guns N Roses.

The album is poor.

Its the lead singer of Guns N'Roses

heard some of the unfinished demo's and liked them
    better than most of the rubbish getting released these days

No Slash but the past is the past get over it and move on :pac:
    (some people can't)

I'll buy it next month and find out for myself if its any good:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sorry has been stuck in my head since i heard it even though ive only listened to the ****ty quality leaks twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RickRogers

Im a big GnR fan but this tune is **** imo. Even more so when you compare it to to the quality of their back catalogue. If it was released by some unknown band it would get zero attention. The only other tune I've heard from chinese democracy is Better, now that is a serious tune, I was hoping the rest of the album would be up to that standard but if this tune is anything to go by it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

RickRogers wrote: »
    Im a big GnR fan but this tune is **** imo. Even more so when you compare it to to the quality of their back catalogue. If it was released by some unknown band it would get zero attention. The only other tune I've heard from chinese democracy is Better, now that is a serious tune, I was hoping the rest of the album would be up to that standard but if this tune is anything to go by it's not.

Its around the middle - some songs like If The World IRS, Rhiad and the Bedouins and Shackler's Revenge are weaker. Sorry, Better, There Was A Time, Madagascar and Prostitute are all way better. Haven't really heard proper versions of This I Love or Scraped yet so don't know what to make of them.

The songs have suffered greatly from obsessive tinkering - the previous demo of CD is better, those rhythm guitars sort of take away from it a little. The Blues in 2002 was great, he took away the melodies and wasn't so good in 2006 - now he's come up a compromise which is worse again.
    The worst offense though is Catcher In The Rye - it was great till they took off Brian May's solo and replaced it with Bumblefoot and also added some other silly stuff to the song - the beauty of the original demo was the simplicity - I'd love to hear a more polished version of that demo. I'm not a big fan of Queen but I loved that solo - here's what Brian May had to say:

Ah ... well, I did not know this ! Thanks, Thomas.

Well, it is a shame, perhaps ... I did put quite a lot of work in, and was proud of it.

But I could understand if Axl wants to have an album which reflects the work of the members of the band as it is, right now.

I do have mixes of the tracks with my guitar on, work tapes at the time, but they will remain private, out of respect for Axl.

Thanks for your kind wishes, Thomas.

Cheers
    Bri

He's too nice...he should be insulted. Axl and Chris Pitman both said he was the best guitarist ever yet his work wasn't good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

The songs arent half bad

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Review of the Album in Rolling Stone

Very good one too

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/24024297/review/24161281/chinese_democracy

• Advertisement

Seriously doubt this is gonna last very long on youtube,but heres the latest leak from the album,its the track "Sorry"

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

It's been on the internet for a long time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i think its good but remanber that axl is 46 now and cant hit the high notes anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

how is this doin in the charts cant find it anywhere is it a flunk?

Its been released on ITunes officially since yesterday morning as a single, no physical release as yet, so we will just have to wait and see where it lies next week. Although having already been leaked, having no B side, and with the album coming out in less than 12 days I figure its not gonna have much of an impact without a physical release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

xbox36016 wrote: »
    i think its good but remanber that axl is 46 now and cant hit the high notes anymore

Yes he f*cking can, i heard him do it live two years ago.
    Robert Plant and Mick Jagger are older and they too can not only hit the high notes, but can also hold them too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

I read the album is released here in Ireland on the 21st, Is this correct?
    Do you think places like Zavvi and Tesco will have it in store on the friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap i say it well

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    I read the album is released here in Ireland on the 21st, Is this correct?
    Do you think places like Zavvi and Tesco will have it in store on the friday?

Tower Records in Dublin confirmed they will have the album on the Friday

And the physical release of the single has now been confirmed
    http://www.emp-online.co.uk/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=&article=437858&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=search&product=GUNS%20N'%20ROSES:%20Chinese%20democracy&tc=SEARCH

Another single, exclusive to some online stores, will be released with pre orders of the album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Still cant believe this is happening ive actually waited half my life to hear this album! and ya know what the weird thing is it will be 15 years to the day that "the spagetti incident" was released it was released in the us on the 23rd of november 1993 the same release date of Chines Democracy...Coincidence probably....CANT WAIT FOR IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Anyone know if any stores will sell the single on the 20th at midnight. I mean there must be Tesco stores that will sell Chinese Democracy that are open 24 hours a day.Not sure if they have a strict policy of only stocking the shelves for the mornning of the 21st.Anyone know of any stores that will sell from midnight or have a contact number to the relevent persons in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yes he f*cking can, i heard him do it live two years ago.
    Robert Plant and Mick Jagger are older and they too can not only hit the high notes, but can also hold them too!

Last time I saw him live he couldn't sing worth a ****. It was laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Last time I saw him live he couldn't sing worth a ****. It was laughable.

Was it a case of couldn't, or didn't bother though? He's kinda gone bluegrassy with Alison Kraus as of late, which wouldn't require a lot of high notes. :)

Steven Tyler probably would have been a better example, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

gooner99 wrote: »
    Anyone know if any stores will sell the single on the 20th at midnight. I mean there must be Tesco stores that will sell Chinese Democracy that are open 24 hours a day.Not sure if they have a strict policy of only stocking the shelves for the mornning of the 21st.Anyone know of any stores that will sell from midnight or have a contact number to the relevent persons in Tesco.

Doubt it. Pretty sure Tesco don't sell singles.

Not looking forward to this at all. The lead single is dreadfully bad, and Shacklers Revenge is honestly one of the worst songs I have ever heard.
    The finished versions of I.R.S. , Madagascar and the like will have to be brilliant to save this album.

I'd say Tesco in Dundrum in Dublin will most likely, because its 24 hours, sell a copy to you if you walked in at 12.01 on the morning of Nov 21st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Tower Records in Dublin confirmed they will have the album on the Friday

And the physical release of the single has now been confirmed
    http://www.emp-online.co.uk/bin/shop.php?prog=shop&mid=&article=437858&funktion=PRODUCTINFO&bildrub=search&product=GUNS%20N'%20ROSES:%20Chinese%20democracy&tc=SEARCH

Another single, exclusive to some online stores, will be released with pre orders of the album

Yup. I rang em earlier today and got the same news. I'll be getting my sister to pick it up on Friday for me as I won't be in town. I don't think Zavvi or HMV are planning to release it until the Monday? That's the only date on their sites!?

Well the whole albums finally ended up online!

Here's "Scraped"

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Well the whole albums finally ended up online!

Here's "Scraped"

Enjoy!

"This video is no longer available". Thank f**k for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I really like the finished version of Rhiad. Always liked the idea of that song since I heard the live versions from 2001/2002, although the vocals weren't great back then and the quality of the live recordings wasn't that good.

It's actually sounding like a very good album. It's already better than The Spaghetti Incident or Contraband in my mind from what I've heard already. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

• Advertisement

This I Love is an amazing song...truly....can't complain

Advertisement