Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy Single Released

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭van damme

RonMexico wrote: »
    Is it on sale in HMV today?

HMV on Henry Street are definitely selling it today (as I bought it there)!! Tried to buy it in Golden Discs in the Jervis Street centre but they won't sell it until tomorrow (even though I could see it behind the counter)!!

the beginning to scraped WRECKS MY HEAD! Although I like the song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This was f'n great in the car this mornin! Shacklers revenge is rrrrockin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

This I Love is crying out for a Slash whailing solo tbh, class song though.

I still prefer some of the earlier leaks to a couple of songs, Catcher In The Rye for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

van damme wrote: »
    HMV on Henry Street are definitely selling it today (as I bought it there)!! Tried to buy it in Golden Discs in the Jervis Street centre but they won't sell it until tomorrow (even though I could see it behind the counter)!!

I went up to Liffey Valley shopping centre today and checked with both Zavvi & Golden Discs, and neither of em are selling it until tomorrow!? :mad:
    HMV in Grafton Street ARE selling the f**ker though.

I can hang on until tomorrow to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

funkyflea wrote: »
    This was f'n great in the car this mornin! Shacklers revenge is rrrrockin!!
    Are you serious? I was just listening to some of the tracks on myspace and I actually had to turn this one off as it was hurting my ears so so bad!

The album is nothing really special tbh, not enough to keep me listening on myspace anyway, although I'll reserve full judgement until I hear it in CD quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

I went up to Liffey Valley shopping centre today and checked with both Zavvi & Golden Discs, and neither of em are selling it until tomorrow!? :mad:
    HMV in Grafton Street ARE selling the f**ker though.

I can hang on until tomorrow to get it.

Checked Zavvi myself too, no sign of it on the Shelves. Walked into Tesco and picked up the disc no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love the whole album. Definately worth the wait. I knew it was gonna be good but jaysus I never thought it would be this good. Great to hear Axl still can screech like a lunatic. Its a great kick in the face for all the critics over the years. Scraped is class. the whole fecking thing is class. Pity nobody can hear me blasting it when Im on me bike, think ill get a horrible Goldwing just so people can understand why Im redlining everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Holy crap I cant belive this is comng out tomorrow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

It was in Tesco today. Some mixture of songs think theres a song on there for every mood its Brilliant:pac:. Sorry and This I love are favourites so far EPIC!! liked them from the first listen. not the sort of songs I was expecting to be top of the list, up there with any other GNR Songs yet so different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And on the reverse side, we've got "Street Of Dreams" that would embarress Boyzone if it was in their catalogue. A truly shocking song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Don't see why you say that, it's quite a good song, if not as good as the 2002 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Street of Dreams isn't great and is boyzone-esque alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Can't imagine Boyzone singing Streets of Dreams

Prostitute was made for Robbie Williams to cover though:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

decent rock album. nothing earth shattering but some decent tunes on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It's okay, but here's my problem.

This man wrote November Rain, Paradise City, Don't Cry and all these great songs right? In 15 years, 15 ****in years, this is the best they can come out with? For **** sake it's not even that good. And I know this has been said to death, but I was listening to it and I looked at the cd case and just laughed when I saw the words Guns N Roses. It's just not. Give it up Axl boy

It's just a name....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Great musicianship and ambition but meh...

I guess its a good album, better than a lot of stuff out now but its still meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gerard.C wrote: »

This man wrote November Rain, Paradise City, Don't Cry and all these great songs right? In 15 years, 15 ****in years, this is the best they can come out with? For **** sake it's not even that good. And I know this has been said to death, but I was listening to it and I looked at the cd case and just laughed when I saw the words Guns N Roses. It's just not. Give it up Axl boy

Please shut up! You saw them two years ago at the RDS in 2006 where they played about 2/3rds of the album. You knew what to expect.

In your case it's like ordering the sh*t sandwich from the menu, knowing the ingredients and then complaining about how it tastes like after eating it down to the last bite.

Seriously! :rolleyes:

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Please shut up! You saw them two years ago at the RDS in 2006 where they played about 2/3rds of the album. You knew what to expect.

In your case it's like ordering the sh*t sandwich from the menu, knowing the ingredients and then complaining about how it tastes like after eating it down to the last bite.

Seriously! :rolleyes:

When you say 2/3's now, that means 3 out of 14 songs it does? The 3 songs they played in the RDS are the best songs on it imo. And the chorus to better just sounds god awful, whcih is a pity cos it's great song.

And there's no need for the personal attack there buddy, I'd hate to report ya like....

• Advertisement

When you say 2/3's now, that means 3 out of 14 songs it does? The 3 songs they played in the RDS are the best songs on it imo. And the chorus to better just sounds god awful, whcih is a pity cos it's great song.

Just saw the setlist, statement retracted.
    And there's no need for the personal attack there buddy, I'd hate to report ya like....

Who's being personal? Their current lineup there is twice as experienced as their prior lineups. If you want to report me over that fact, be my guest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I don't see anything personal there and I agree with the poster. Talk about expecting too much. Music isn't wine. It doesn't get better the longer you leave it. It's a good album. And as JC said, GnR is just a name.

No need for that sly "shut up" remark is all I'm saying.

Anyway, whats the story with Buckethead on this album? Did he write and record stuff for it, or write it and have it re-recorded or what? I found it strange that his photo is on the second page of the book, just after Axl. Why give that kinda place to someone not even in the band? I dunno....

No need for that sly "shut up" remark is all I'm saying.

I said it straight out, don't think there was anything sly about it. I did say please, so I was nice about it. And it was needed, your post gave me a migrane when i read it.
    Anyway, whats the story with Buckethead on this album? Did he write and record stuff for it, or write it and have it re-recorded or what? I found it strange that his photo is on the second page of the book, just after Axl. Why give that kinda place to someone not even in the band? I dunno....

He wrote and recorded on about half the album, or something to that effect. Axl didn't exactly want to dismiss Buckethead from his duties, but found him too unreliable in his last few months with the band, so he dismissed him and cancelled the remainder of the tour they were on to wrap up the album, which was pretty much completed about two years ago, but distrubution and promotion held it up.

Most of the songs are about 8 years old now anyway, production is what delayed it.

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Most of the songs are about 8 years old now anyway, production is what delayed it.

True that, People say it took 15+ years, but they're been playing some of these songs the last 7 or 8 years already. Why it was never released back then who knows, but we at least have it now :D

question - does he have enough good material for another 2 albums already?

Of course, I mean, Silkworms, man, SILKWORMS!

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Of course, I mean, Silkworms, man, SILKWORMS!
    :eek:

lol, dear god no!.

I remember other track names floating about a couple of years ago like Thyme, General, Seven, Checkmate??...maybe this one was on the album under a different name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Thats where you are wrong. He didn't spend 15 years writing any of this either. Everyone knows this isn't the original line-up. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    :eek:

lol, dear god no!.

I remember other track names floating about a couple of years ago like Thyme, General, Seven, Checkmate??...maybe this one was on the album under a different name.

Axl has recorded two more albums of material. Classic Rock mag said they heard a track called Atlas Shrugged, Sebastian Bach has heard The General and he said that Axl told him it will be on the third album and the song is linked to one of the songs on Chinese Democracy. Axls management team said that Chinese Democracy is just the beginning.

Advertisement