Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANSYS License

• 22-10-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know the cost of an ANSYS license in Ireland? Mechanical Analysis software. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

16,000 for bare bones CFX, so I'd expect the FEA to be somewhere around half that. but that's just a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dsweeney

IDAC Ireland are the ANSYS hannel partner in Ireland. Their website is www.idacireland.com. They can provide costs of the different ANSYS products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

16,000 for bare bones CFX, so I'd expect the FEA to be somewhere around half that. but that's just a guess.

Quick question off topic. Do you know the differences (strengths and weaknesses) of CFX versus more conventional fluid packages such as fluent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dsweeney

Very similar in capability. Both are now owned by ANSYS. CFX has been integrated into the new ANSYS Workbench Envirnoment (so easy to use and coupling with ANSYS structural software is easy). Fluent will be integrated in the next ANSYS release. Ultimately the 2 will be merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

dsweeney wrote: »
    Very similar in capability. Both are now owned by ANSYS. CFX has been integrated into the new ANSYS Workbench Envirnoment (so easy to use and coupling with ANSYS structural software is easy). Fluent will be integrated in the next ANSYS release. Ultimately the 2 will be merged

But both are using different numerical methods (Finite difference and Finite Volume) correct? I would imagine there would inherently be pro's and con's to each. I hear CFX is better stuff such as turbo machinery where Fluent has benefits else where?

Atually, Just looking at some of the turbulence models on CFX it seems to be Finite Volume.

• Advertisement
Advertisement