Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saving Printer Drivers to CD for re-use later

• 22-10-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm still trying to sucessfully install Vista SP1 after several attemps. Downloads correctly but hangs on Stage 3 of 3 at 100% and says "reverting drive" or something similar.

I have checked as far as I can about my drivers being up todate and think they are - however, it has only dawned on last night that I have several printers set up on my Vista setup.

There is only one printer attached at any one time by USB. There are 2 pdf printer drivers as well xps printer driver and drivers for HP3055 and a HP3015.

Problem / question = how can copy to CD for re-use later / re-install the printer drivers that I have. How do I identify the files needed etc.

Thinking if I removed all printers and then attempt install of SP1, would it work? Then I can use the CD I made and reinstall the printer drivers for all those I have. Is that the way to go to ensure SP1 installs correctly and my laptop is up to date?

Also, I have noticed that although I take all the downloads offered by Windowsupdate, I have in the past week or so been offered a few from 2007. Why would I get updates presented now from so long ago?

I hope someone can suggest if this plan will cure the problems I have re SP1.

Regards,

HPMan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Download the latest drivers from the HP website and save them to disc. Alot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

google "my drivers". The evaluation version allows you to backup your drivers.

The error message maybe a little more sinister though - If you have no look you may have to boot to recovery partition and remove pending.xml.

Advertisement