Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request

Options
  • 22-10-2008 2:28pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Over the past few months I've been spending hours (most days) reading and posting, and it's reached a stage where I feel I'm using the site too much. I love the site, and I'd hate to give it up completely. Therefore I'd like to request a temporary site-ban from Boards. I've a serious amount of project work and other deadlines coming up soon in college and the time I spend on here is having an adverse effect on my study time.

Would it be possible for me to get a ban for about three weeks? I don't want to lose my account, so I'm not going to change my password to random digits. If anyone can help then let me know in this thread or by PM.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Well, I was feeling generous today so I site banned you for 3 weeks.
    However, if you are reading this then I'd have to say it didn't work too well.
    Now get back to your studying!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry to have to bump this thread, but despite my ban expiring it appears I no longer have access to Prison! I used to like reading those threads for teh laffs and stuff... It's no big deal, but it would be cool to have that option again if I ever feel so inclined.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordie banned you from Prison on the grounds you were still on the site even though you were supposed to be studying.
    That'll teach ya :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You guys and gals are so wonderfully thoughtful! If only there was a hugs smiley...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Unbanned, welcome back :)

• Advertisement

Well, I guess I should have seen this coming!
    With my exams looming just one week over the horizon, I need a lot of study time again. Most of this study has to be done on computers. Computers have internet access, internet leads to Boards... Ye get the picture!

Is there any chance I could take another "Boards holiday"? This time for the duration of one week?

I know, it's ridiculous, I should be able to regulate my own behaviour...

Advertisement