Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBL + NTL : fails to sign in

• 22-10-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Story goes that lately when I sign into my GP, it wont sign into XBL; as in it tells me "cannot sign into XBL".

I have to "test connection" where everything comes back fine and then I can log in - NAT is open etc etc.

Happens every time I log in; fail -> test conn -> log in.

NTL 20Mb, Milltown, D6.

Linksys wifi router running tomato fw with 360 -> cat5 to it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

kaimera wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Story goes that lately when I sign into my GP, it wont sign into XBL; as in it tells me "cannot sign into XBL".

I have to "test connection" where everything comes back fine and then I can log in - NAT is open etc etc.

Happens every time I log in; fail -> test conn -> log in.

NTL 20Mb, Milltown, D6.

Linksys wifi router running tomato fw with 360 -> cat5 to it.

Post the logs from your WRT that may shed some light on the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Post the logs from your WRT that may shed some light on the problem.
    Working at the minute; I'll post up some log info when I get back.

Oct 22 17:42:03 daemon.info dnsmasq[111]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.24 00:17:fa:75:87:86
    Oct 22 17:49:37 daemon.info dnsmasq[111]: DHCPINFORM(br0) 192.168.1.24 00:17:fa:75:87:86
    Oct 22 17:49:37 daemon.info dnsmasq[111]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.24 00:17:fa:75:87:86

Log from when I turned on the xbox and logged into my profile and got a XBL sign in fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Same things happening with me so its something with NTL id say!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

mine was fine last night and today. I'm on NTL 20meg.

• Advertisement

hmmm...strange indeed.

It's not a major problem like; it does log in after I test the connection...more an annoyance than anything else.

Advertisement