Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Usage of Election Motives

Options
  • 22-10-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'd like to talk about US Elections being used for some companies' promotion. I'm not interested in any regular tactics or examples such as mass t-shirt production, flags, etc. but some more sophisticated and creative ideas.

Do you know any interesting (sometimes not fair) marketing strategies? Do you know any examples?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Have an essay due for Politics 101, yeah? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

lol.

September1972, I will let this post stand if YOU come back here today and give us your thoughts on it first. Otherwise I'll delete the thread tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Plenty, I suppose. Burger King has an election based ad campaign on at the moment; but I havent seen anything that sounded unfair. You'd have to provide an example to work from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 September1972

Thanks Overheal, Burger King is a good one. It does not have to be unfair, I just thought it'd be interesting. Trojan, here is my example - sample viral promotion - "kung fu election" by Atom.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

check out the viral campaign for red alert 3, EA is playing up one of its characters as a presidential candidate (went as far as getting Obama girl in to do a song about him).

youtube vote for ackerman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why do new posters always have to walk the line on the rules? Lord knows I did it on my first post but I mean Hey.

What about your thoughts on it. Turn this into a discussion :rolleyes: this aint yahoo answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WorkHard

Politics is too close to money and usage of politics in commercials is too much for me. I know service AVAGUIDE.NET that promotes its new product by offering video characters presenting Obama's and mceins's election program.

Advertisement