Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone beta is now default..

Options
  • 22-10-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Well, that's the end of carzone for me - they've replaced a great and fast search with a slow and clunky way of navigating through the cars so that it now takes ages to find the same car that used to take barely one click.

As someone that uses carzone 5-10 times/DAY - all the time with the same search criteria - I cannot believe they have done this. Very disappointing.

Trying to hold in the water-works..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

superjosh9 wrote: »
    Well, that's the end of carzone for me - they've replaced a great and fast search with a slow and clunky way of navigating through the cars so that it now takes ages to find the same car that used to take barely one click.

As someone that uses carzone 5-10 times/DAY - all the time with the same search criteria - I cannot believe they have done this. Very disappointing.

Trying to hold in the water-works..

Just got the same sh1te there......muppets.

Why replace the best search engine available to something that won't even load pics properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I spent 40 quid yesterday advertising my car, if i had known about this change i wouldnt have bothered. Its really cumbersome :confused: Any feedback links?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

and now its down

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

wow, I'm surprised how angered I am by this - I've even sent them an email.

If for example, you specify search criteria on the left hand side of the page, and then click on a car - when you click 'back' your search criteria is entirely lost, and you have to start the whole slow and clunky bit again.

It's infuriating...

ShayK1 wrote: »
    and now its down

Hopefully I broke it somehow.

where's me hammer

• Advertisement

Hopefully I broke it somehow.

where's me hammer

+1

ShayK1 wrote: »
    and now its down

crap, that didn't last long.. Its back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ah autotrader..must you ruin everything

Just found this:

http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/?CFID=97438011&CFTOKEN=53240523

It's rte's car section which is 'powered by carzone'. Now, I'm sure it will eventually get replaced too, but for the moment, it still has the same 'advanced' search that we're used to.

i.e, "any make, automatic, added today" which you can't do on the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No quick search option for new cars anymore!

Have to spend a few extra seconds of my precious time going in to the new car advance search :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

thats the end of carzone for me too.
    I'd say cbg are delighted with the changes!

I want my money back - seriously, its a pile of piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

wow, I'm surprised how angered I am by this - I've even sent them an email. .

don't hold your breath...........I've now sent 4 in a week or so, an vm to the phone no. No replies, no calls returned.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    don't hold your breath...........I've now sent 4 in a week or so, an vm to the phone no. No replies, no calls returned.

I just sent them the link to this thread!

haha, nice one! In the unlikely event that it is looked at, people should air any explicit problems with the new site, "I don't like the new carzone because..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Most unfriendly search I have ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

"barely one click"

how does that work, jedi mind tricks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's not that bad lads, just bookmark http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/ or http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/ and you're flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Blaaaahhhhh!

I just got sick. I hadnt seen the Beta. WTF. id rather browse the buy and sell (printed copy)!!

• Advertisement

AudiChris wrote: »
    It's not that bad lads, just bookmark http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/ or http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/ and you're flying!

nearly, but if you search like that, and then click on a car, you end up not at that car, but at another list, based on the new system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

What a load of phi$$................:mad::mad:

Man if if aint broke, don't fix it !!

So is this where the increase of fees are going ? Towards web development .......... :D Money well spent :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no longer says when the ads were updated either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

nearly, but if you search like that, and then click on a car, you end up not at that car, but at another list, based on the new system

I'm not experiencing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

why!!!
    its like improving on google.............its the most used because its the best and most simple
    they just fecked it all up
    they changed buyandsell a while back too and didnt really make it better either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

If it's not broken, don't fix it..
    I absolutely HATE this new version. Another stupid fat site on the internet to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

www.carzone.ie/usedcars still works fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

booo down with this sort of thing :D

AudiChris wrote: »
    I'm not experiencing that.
    eoin_s wrote: »
    www.carzone.ie/usedcars still works fine for me

that's weird, now it *is* working again - but it wasn't earlier - kept going straight to the "new" search list of cars everytime I tried clicking on a car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

ahhh i see, if you just go to www.carzone.ie it will bring you to the new site...as the previous op said go to to www.carzone.ie/usedcars to bring back the old school site we all love

Advertisement