Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone beta is now default..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

There is no section in the new version for the NCT.

Unless someone mentions it in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ok so the old system is still there but could anyone really think they have improved on the existing setup with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mickdw wrote: »
    Ok so the old system is still there but could anyone really think they have improved on the existing setup with this crap.

One thing to bear in mind is that for the most part, the people on this forum are probably a little more computer literate, and may know a bit more about cars than lots of other users. For all we know their pick-a-car-wizard might be very useful to the average punter.

I don't see what the fuss is anyway, I always used the advanced search as the basic one was far too... well, basic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi

throw my money into the ring

1. updated one of my car photos friday and its still not updated
    2. phone monday no answer
    3. emailed tuesday no answer
    4. called wednesday - nice English girl on phone told me it was my fault

5. you cant see how many viewers have viewed your add anymore - gone!
    6. she told me it now takes a minimum of a day to update amend an add

7. the price has gone up massively

8. the service has one down massively

there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

I actually think it's pretty slick, much nicer interface and like how responsive it is. Had moved away to another car site recently but will probably try them also next time I have a car to sell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

The old site was much better, easier and quicker to use trying to find a car now is nowhere near as easy and the year select option is stupid. I think we need Justin Lee Collins to Bring back the original Carzone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Indeed, it sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

This has to be the worst 'improvement' ever. The hompage won't let you do an advanced search.
    If you liked carzone the way it was before the takeover, use www.motornet.ie , same cars as carzone but with bigger thumbnails and proper search.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Biggest PITA as far as I'm concerned is the reduced categories when you browse by make. Rather than pick, say, BMW - 320 - 2004 and look through the 20 or so '04 320i/Ci that you may be interested in, now it's BMW - 3 Series - 2004 and wade through 245 316s, 318s, 320s, 325s, 330s. I know you can sort by engine once you have the 245 displayed but it still seems a backward step from the old site.

The new pricing structure seems to have reduced the number of cars listed by a huge amount too. Also less of the entertainment you used to get when people's cars were sold so they updated their ads with funny/strange photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I'm pissed off beyond words!!!!!!!

I've sold loadsa cars off Carzone.ie when it was €30 at €40 they are taking the piss, they've lost a customer for sure.

Horrible user interface and layout, NOT FAST!

Its the end of the relationship for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Chergar

people power.... if it worked with the budget it can work for Carzone:pac:.

If we could get more cars onto CBG.ie or something then maybe it wouldnt be too bad. they have the best format but no cars what so ever. now i dont know what the internet in work is for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Only the button that brings up all 68000 cars will respond for me - was using the advanced search utility yesterday and was marvelling at how powerful it was in cutting out the crap and focusing down on exactly what I was looking for, not knowing it was going chucked out the next day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

superjosh9 wrote: »
    wow, I'm surprised how angered I am by this - I've even sent them an email.

As have I. Horrible format.

We shall see :)

The new layout that's been there the last while is fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Chergar wrote: »
    If we could get more cars onto CBG.ie or something then maybe it wouldnt be too bad. they have the best format but no cars what so ever.

CBG is appalling - the layout is not better. 5K increments for car prices? There is a big difference between a car for 10 and one for 15. That alone would turn me off ever using it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ciaran76 wrote: »
    There is no section in the new version for the NCT.

Unless someone mentions it in the comments.
    That is daft..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

If you google carzone.ie and just under where it says www.carzone.ie in green, it says used cars, if you click that, the old used car search engine comes up, hope this helps a bit!

Here's a linkage!

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Is there any hackers out there, who can maybe throw somekind of virus or something on their website so they become busy repairing it.:D:pac::)
    Becouse the site is apsolute crap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

superjosh9 wrote: »
    that's weird, now it *is* working again - but it wasn't earlier - kept going straight to the "new" search list of cars everytime I tried clicking on a car...

It was fooked a while ago but tis working again now. Site is still crap. Not so bad once you know the link to /usedcars but god help anyone new who wants to use this.....thing.

Advertisement