Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open coffee club

Options
  • 22-10-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Does anyone here attend the open coffee clubs, I'm really interested in attending but I bottled out of the one last Saturday. I don't really know if I'd be welcome. I'm a dev but I'm not running my own company, would love to start a web 2.0 company but haven't got that killer idea. Really I'd just like to get talking to people who are into the same things as me. People who get excited by software. I don't know if that's what the open coffees are about, or if they are a meet up for the power houses of Irish tech and I wouldn't be welcome.

Really just looking to see what it's all about and maybe pop along to talk some geek.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dhayz2000

Is it primarily business owners who attend these meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

That's what I'm trying to find out http://www.opencoffeedublin.com/about/. I'd just like to know first hand from someone who attends what it's all about. i don't want to turn up to just have a chat about tech and the web to find out it's a load of suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

It's mostly tech folks from what I gather, mixture of levels of business knowledge/involvement. Entrepreneurs and small startups mainly (hence the mid-morning on a weekday thing, I assume :) ), fair few web designers, that kind of thing. These are very informal things in any case, from what I've seen - just some folks sitting around a cafe talking shop, nothing particularly organised about it - it's certainly not a conference or formal networking event, relaxed setup. Can't recall whether many folks were wearing suits or not, I suspect this crowd would tend more towards polonecks and Macbooks :)
    So yeah, I'd recommend it, good networking.

Advertisement