Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sale of Seized/Foreclosed Cars

Options
  • 22-10-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

On Morning Ireland recently I heard of cars that their owners could not afford that were being sold off by loan companies and second hand car salespeople. Does anyone know of such sales going on and where I might find out more about them?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say your best bet is to try the auciton houses like Windsor or Merlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Merlin Ashbourne every saturday, their webby has the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

GE Money sometimes have signs up around Co. Clare advertising car auctions that I assume are as the result of defaults on finance. I haven't seen any signs recently, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes RE Clare Sales.

GE Money have a massive car clearance sale each year at the Greyhound Track in Galway City.

Also as per the RTE news last night the best Irish Bargain to be had(without importing) is the Car Auctions. No matter where you are in the country a trip to Dublin of a day to buy a big car at knock down prices should not be missed.

You will save 1000's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

jaycen wrote: »
    Merlin Ashbourne every saturday, their webby has the details.

I cant see any detail for ashbourne, just auctions on the Naas Rd. Also are all the cars on the websites stock list, or are there more cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

Ferris wrote: »
    I cant see any detail for ashbourne, just auctions on the Naas Rd. Also are all the cars on the websites stock list, or are there more cars.

Merlin Car auctions, now in Naas better to get to, just of the N7 in Naas, not in Ashbourne any more,

M7 Motor Park @ Junction 10 Naas Road, Co.Kildare

www.merlincarauctions.ie

Advertisement