Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most annoying thing about being an accountant??

• 22-10-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Currently doing a set of accounts for someone and their handwriting is beyond atrocious I have approx 750 cheques to sift through and post to Sage and my hate for this person is building and building. I mean its not that hard to make sure your handwriting is fcuking legible!

So what does everyone find the most annoying about the day to day grind of being an accountant??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

That it's always someone elses money :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

being boring hahahah

<runs away before ban and hides in dit forum>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

being boring hahahah

<runs away before ban and hides in dit forum>

The job itself, boooorrrrriiiiiinngg! Eveyone always thinks you're boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Time sheets

The bane of my life every Friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 39 greendevil8

Clients who supply only half of their bank statements, missing invoices, blank cheque stubs , like how are you suppose to know who it was paid to and for what?, Clients who keep their own books of account and who tend to start these off perfectly at the start of the year and then after a few months get careless i.e stop totalling columns, details not filled in, not in date order , so annoying!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Quarter end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Used to hate every year going back to company to audit and same mistakes made by the client as previous year, even though you explained how to fix them the last year.

Thats why i moved to IT. Now they listen :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Clients in general and they're sloppy work and what the previous poster said about going on an audit and same mistakes as last year usually done by the part time bookeeper who just wants a job for a few hours a week to tip around. Also, clients complaining over fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

jaycen wrote: »
    The job itself, boooorrrrriiiiiinngg! Eveyone always thinks you're boring.

can i just say theat at least u have a job! im currently looking for a trainee job for next year and outlook isnt great at all!

is clients complaining about the fees a regular occurrence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

jph100 wrote: »
    can i just say theat at least u have a job! im currently looking for a trainee job for next year and outlook isnt great at all!

is clients complaining about the fees a regular occurrence?

I do but I'm not an accountant, I left it for the reasons I listed.

Don't make up your mind about the future, things change, stay positive.

Clients always complain about having to pay for anything (applies to all service providers)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

every cock on the planet wants you to do their tax returns for them

What part of **** off and die dont they understand

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Management! like every other job or PDM for those in the know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

People who drop in their tax return stuff on the 30th/31st oct and reckon that you will just drop all the other on time tax returns and deal with theirs!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Alrighty, so expecting the wrath of the some boardies, but I've been on both sides of the fence.....Auditors!! Explanation provided on request, on second thoughts, er, maybe not!!

Fire at will....!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Internal audit, external audit :D

Honestly though, the sign-off and filing of every damn thing. So tedious. Let me get on with the bloody job!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

MMD wrote: »
    Alrighty, so expecting the wrath of the some boardies, but I've been on both sides of the fence.....Auditors!! Explanation provided on request, on second thoughts, er, maybe not!!

Fire at will....!!:D

again.. from both sides of the fence... I think it should be "stupid auditors who won't listen to your explainations the first 54 million times... then try to put it on their management letter" GRRR *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

aviendha wrote: »
    again.. from both sides of the fence... I think it should be "stupid auditors who won't listen to your explainations the first 54 million times... then try to put it on their management letter" GRRR *shakes fist*

+1 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Has to be not getting information in on time or all at once! Nothing more annoying than being half way through stuff and not having the rest!

Advertisement