Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need some help/advice please.

Options
  • 22-10-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

I have a knockng suspension and squeal from the engine of my 156. Went to dealer. They think the squeal is a broken exhaust bracket, as for the suspension: Needs: front ARB, top front wishbones, real trailing arms and rear stub axel bushes. Total blil 1140 euro.

Now I only have the car 4 months. Payed above the odds to get it at an alfa dealer in Dublin because I was looking for a nice one and thought I'd have good support. They gave me a 12 month warranty but apparently all the above is wear and tear and may not be covered.

I first noticed the knock a week or so after I got the car and took it back. They said it was nothing so I left it for a while. Its getting worse now so took it to a dealer in cork who diagnosed it. What do people think I should do? I think its totally unfair to have to shell this money out only a few months after getting the car.

I know I should have seen it when I got the car day one but I assumed a 12 month warranty would cover me if anything cropped up. There is no noise on smooth roads so the roads around the dealer didnt reveal the knocking.

Advertisement