Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung MiniDV Camcorder in Lidl vs Traveller HD Camcorder in Aldi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

What kind of quality do these record?
    Also can you convert them easily to normal DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Well samsung is the better brand anyways

and has Optical Zoom

The HD camera is Terrible

its a half-decent VGA camera interpolated [poorly] to 720p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

unreggd wrote: »
    Well samsung is the better brand anyways

and has Optical Zoom

The HD camera is Terrible

its a half-decent VGA camera interpolated [poorly] to 720p

Do you have experience with the Aldi one?

I am also interested in this.
    The mother is looking for a compact (and cheap!) HD camcorder for a trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Sumsung/Lidl one appears to be firewire only, which may be an issue.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

After a bit of googling I think the Samsung one is an SC-D382.

The pictures match and the most of the specs match (except lidl's "800k pixel" the SC-d382 is 680k. I couldn't find any proper reviews but there are a few comments on amazon.

It was released in March of this year with an RRP of $199.. Decide yourself if this is a bargain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

Redisle wrote: »
    After a bit of googling I think the Samsung one is an SC-D382.

The pictures match and the most of the specs match (except lidl's "800k pixel" the SC-d382 is 680k. I couldn't find any proper reviews but there are a few comments on amazon.

It was released in March of this year with an RRP of $199.. Decide yourself if this is a bargain..

It seems to actually be the 381 model which explains the 800k diff.

The lack of a standard PC connection is a killer on this. I don't have a firewire card on either my laptop or desktop PC so I'm not going to buy just for this.

Here it is in Pixmania for €124 (before shipping)

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1165726/art/samsung/vp-d381-minidv-camcorder.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I was searching about the same couple of days ago but reviews in the Samsung are not that good, I was reading in another website and also 2/3 out of 5.

Going for Panasonic VDRD50 DVD from Belfast over the weekend.

Does anyone know a good place up North (on the way up to Belfast south) to get cheap camcorders?

Advertisement