Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you choose and why?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

What degree would you choose to do between Accounting and Quantity Surveying and why??:)
    If anyone is in one of these professions then please leave your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    What degree would you choose to do between Accounting and Quantity Surveying and why??:)

I met a Quantity Surveyor at a careers evening in my school, most boring person possibly ever, barely managed to communicate what a quantity surveyor is to me. I'd choose accounting, because it sounds marginally less tedious than Quantity Surveying.

To be honest, both sound equally boring and extremely tedious; I'd choose neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah both sound pretty boring, in my opinion.

So uh... pick whichever one YOU'D like? If you want to be told what to do, then do Theoretical Physics. You know, because I personally love maths and physics, and therefore you automatically do too...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I'd go accounting because of the ad on the telly.

Its on TV. They say its good, ergo, it is good.

Also, I water my plants with motor oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fad wrote: »
    I met a Quantity Surveyor at a careers evening in my school, most boring person possibly ever, barely managed to communicate what a quantity surveyor is to me. I'd choose accounting, because it sounds marginally less tedious than Quantity Surveying.

Lolz my sister works in an accounting office below a quantity surveyors office. Most boring building ever!

Op, I'm assuming you are into maths? Surely you can cast your net a bit wider than those two professions, or do a generic maths degree or something else before committing to a profession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Judging from all those ads around lately there's a need for chartered public accountants so I'd go for that over quantity surveying.

That said I'd hae either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Accountancy.

You can't get rich by embezzling clients if you're a Quantity surveyor! :P (or can you....?)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 WxfrdJay

Don't choose QSing, you won't get a job when you leave, anywhere in the world. I am a QS, and am very lucky to be working at the minute.

Having said that, it is only because of the way things are in construction and property at the minute. I'm working in disputes which is just about the only place theres more work coming online. If this had have been 5 years ago I'd be telling to choose QS, it'd have been a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

WxfrdJay wrote: »
    Don't choose QSing, you won't get a job when you leave, anywhere in the world. I am a QS, and am very lucky to be working at the minute.

Having said that, it is only because of the way things are in construction and property at the minute. I'm working in disputes which is just about the only place theres more work coming online. If this had have been 5 years ago I'd be telling to choose QS, it'd have been a no brainer.

Out of curiosity how did you find this thread?

Advertisement