Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugot 206??

Options
  • 22-10-2008 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

hi ,
    thinking of buying peugot 206 , 2001 , 90,000 miles , €2,500 , 1.1 Litre, NCT due in january but dealer said he would guarantee until it was through it ( if anything was wrong he would fix it) ... any thoughts? (what should i look out for? is it a good first time car?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well for someone that doesn't know much about cars (me!) it's my first car and I love it. So easy to drive, nice size - not big but not tiny either. Seems to be quite a popular young person's car, I see them everywhere. A few of my friends have one and are all happy with theirs too. I come from a Peugeot family though (everyone in the family has had Diesel Peugeot cars for as far back as I remember, big fans) so maybe I'm biased and it's like people who will only buy Nokia phones :pac:

I'll let someone else on here tell you if that particular one sounds like a good deal (I think it does though?) but I'd give Peugeot 206's a big thumbs up, I've had mine 2 years and no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

get that guarantee in writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

handbraker wrote: »
    get that guarantee in writing!

I agree. Anyone will say anything to you when they're trying to sell you something so do get it in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

eve21 wrote: »
    hi ,
    thinking of buying peugot 206 , 2001 , 90,000 miles , €2,500 , 1.1 Litre, NCT due in january but dealer said he would guarantee until it was through it ( if anything was wrong he would fix it) ... any thoughts? (what should i look out for? is it a good first time car?)

Don't tie yourself down to one dealer, look around for the same car and compare. Have you haggled with him at all ? What was the price originally ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eve21

thanks for input! the guy is just across the road from where i work so just popped in to see what he had. going back on fri to have another look with someone who has more experience. will be in touch wiht outcome! yeah the NCT thing worries me 2!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you can put a car through an NCT 3 months before the due date! so if its due for renewal on the 1st of january then you can put it through tomorrow, if you can get a date.

unless the NCT date is after the 22 janurary then you wont be able to do it tomorrow. Garages know this!!! so just wondering why they wouldnt do this before you buy the car.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=294

Advertisement