Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eircom outlook problem

• 22-10-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

ok im not sure WHATS going on but ill explain as best i can

a week or 3 ago i was having problems sending and recieving emails .. it was some setting i had to change in the outlook settings

basically change mail1.eircom.net to webmail.eircom.net or whatever it be
    everything worked FINE till a few days ago ..

WHERE NOW i cant send emails yet i can recieve them (just tested)

i have googled my problem but they dont seem to work or im not doing it right

its windows 2000 dell latitude

any help WOULD be appreicated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

do you still use eircom for broadband ?
    otherwise eircom might be rejecting email traffic from other ISP's
    and you may have to use that ISP for out bound traffic

or you might have the wrong settings for SMTP server

the mx record for eircom.net still points at mail1.eircom.
    Non-authoritative answer:
    eircom.net mail exchanger = 20 mail1.eircom.net.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
    mail1.eircom.net internet address = 159.134.198.135

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

you see this is the problem if i change that setting .. this happens

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'webmail.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Have you checked out http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/
    the outgoing mail server address is still mail1.eircom.net so as capt says unless your on a different ISP or a different way to get online, then should be good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

if you dont mind me asking why don't you use gmail. faster and very user friendly.

Advertisement