Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere in Ireland where I can buy a Hori Arcade stick for Xbox 360?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I've tried Amazon ect but they won't deliver to Ireland. So does anyone know of any shop in Ireland(Republic only) which sells a Hori arcade stick for the Xbox360?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They only sell 'em in Asia. You have to import. I think Play Asia are out of stock. Lik Sang used to have em but they closed down. There are definately other sites other there that'll ship it over. Go ask on www.shoryuken.com forums and they'll recommend someplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Better off getting it from Play-Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-26p2.html

For modding parts, I recommend Akihabara Shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Better off getting it from Play-Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-26p2.html

For modding parts, I recommend Akihabara Shop

Great thanks. Roughly how long do they take to deliver to Ireland? It says they dispatch between 5-15 days but does anyone know how long the whole process takes to be delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Last time I was in Belfast forbidden planet had one in the window their number is 004428 9043 8744.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've tried Amazon ect but they won't deliver to Ireland. So does anyone know of any shop in Ireland(Republic only) which sells a Hori arcade stick for the Xbox360?
    If I was in better form I could make a good joke about an arcade stick that has sex for money, but it's too early in the dya for that sort of shinanigans.

Anyways, has anyone tried one of those? I'm curious about if they're good or not and might try and pick one up.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    If I was in better form I could make a good joke about an arcade stick that has sex for money, but it's too early in the dya for that sort of shinanigans.

Anyways, has anyone tried one of those? I'm curious about if they're good or not and might try and pick one up.

From what I've heard the Hori ex 2 is the best console arcade stick ever made. I have a feeling that with Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter H.D. remix being released soon there may be a good arcade stick released in Europe. Its crazy the only one is the average Mad Catz stick, especially with all the xbla games.

From what I've heard the Hori ex 2 is the best console arcade stick ever made. I have a feeling that with Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter H.D. remix being released soon there may be a good arcade stick released in Europe. Its crazy the only one is the average Mad Catz stick, especially with all the xbla games.
    HAHAHAHAHA.
    No.

The best current stick is the Hori Real Arcade PRO, which
    • Does not come for Xbox 360
    • Costs over $110. Before shipping*
    And since you didn't know, MadCatz are bringing out even better ones for SFIV.

*edit*There was a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX for 360, but it's discontinued.

*play-asia have a sale -- look for cheap Pros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

HAHAHAHAHA.
    No.

Hahaha, you're so right. Sure I have the EX2 and it's average at best. I'm so dying to get a Real Arcade Pro. *Sigh*

HAHAHAHAHA.
    No.

The best current stick is the Hori Real Arcade PRO, which
    • Does not come for Xbox 360
    • Costs over $110. Before shipping*
    And since you didn't know, MadCatz are bringing out even better ones for SFIV.

*edit*There was a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX for 360, but it's discontinued.

*play-asia have a sale -- look for cheap Pros

That looks fantastic! Will it be released here in Game and Gamestop though? If it is I will wait for this. I hate ordering online as you never know how long your're going to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Like I said in the first reply, Play Asia are out of stock. Anything I've ordered off Play Asia or Lik Sang over the years has arrived incredibly quickly, 5 days maximum.

I'm not sure where else stocks em. As I said, ask on the shoryuken forum and they'll probably recommend another website.

The Mad Katz stick might be good, but you have to keep in mind that all their past sticks have been ****. Hori have been making good sticks for 15 years.

• Advertisement

Like I said in the first reply, Play Asia are out of stock. Anything I've ordered off Play Asia or Lik Sang over the years has arrived incredibly quickly, 5 days maximum.
    They're IN STOCK, and 15% off -- so only €53.10 + shipping.
    ->RIGHT HERE<-

I'm not sure where else stocks em. As I said, ask on the shoryuken forum and they'll probably recommend another website.
    Try NCSX.
    The Mad Katz stick might be good, but you have to keep in mind that all their past sticks have been ****. Hori have been making good sticks for 15 years.
    Correct. Except this time they brought on MarkMan, the guy from SDTekken.com and a stickbuilder of 10+ years IIRC.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Hahaha, you're so right. Sure I have the EX2 and it's average at best. I'm so dying to get a Real Arcade Pro. *Sigh*

It still would be far better than the current Mad Catz Arcade stick though right? I'm on the verge of ordering the EX2 now that I know delivery is fast.

Meh. I ordered it! I got the swiftest post available 1-4 days and they ship within twenty four hours so I should get it anytime between Tuesday and Friday. It cost me eighty five Euro including shipping. Not bad I suppose.

It still would be far better than the current Mad Catz Arcade stick though right? I'm on the verge of ordering the EX2 now that I know delivery is fast.
    Hori sticks are better than anything available right now.

Oh, and TheWitch used his to win the last Soul Cali Ranking Battles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

fighting game forum ftw :pac:

:p

Yeah those SFIV sticks look good, but as I've only ever used pads, I'm interested in how the SFIV pads are gonna be.

Damn I never played him. I'm only on level thirty thus far. I've got over thirteen hundred wins in street fighter II HF though:D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Yeah those SFIV sticks look good, but as I've only ever used pads, I'm interested in how the SFIV pads are gonna be.
    According to MarkMan: better than the Saturn pad.

Which I'm using right now.
    My god it's delicious.

Damn I never played him. I'm only on level thirty thus far. I've got over thirteen hundred wins in street fighter II HF though:D

Come to the next Ranking Battle, we can play for sure. We can play some SF too. Preferrably ST coz HF sucks ass.

Yes, I won with the EX2 + Hilde :pac: I'm hoping to have a new stick for the next Ranking Battle. Might stretch and get a custom stick. :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

A bit off topic,
    Looking for a Hori arcade stick that has pc compatibilty (mame etc)
    Do they have a usb connector? Or does It depend if its an x360 or a ps3 version?

• Advertisement

A bit off topic,
    Looking for a Hori arcade stick that has pc compatibilty (mame etc)
    Do they have a usb connector? Or does It depend if its an x360 or a ps3 version?

The EX2 has a usb so it's compatible with PC, I've used mine with Mame plenty of times before and I use it when i'm playing on GGPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

According to MarkMan: better than the Saturn pad.

Which I'm using right now.
    My god it's delicious.

Interesting. All the talk on SRK is of the Sticks so I didnt catch any info on the pad.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Come to the next Ranking Battle, we can play for sure. We can play some SF too. Preferrably ST coz HF sucks ass.

Thanks. Sadly, I don't live in the Dublin region anymore so it may be awhile before I can join ye.
    Anyway, I've been messing about with my Hori for a couple of days now.(I had to pay 32 Euro customs tax:rolleyes:) I've noticed the combos for SF come out alot more crisper and the super moves for Sam Sho II are alot easier to execute, on the regular 360 d-pad 9/10 Haormaru would pull of a fireball when I actually wanted him to execute a super'. Still, after being so used to controll pads for so long its taking me awhile to get used to the arcade stick again. I've noticed its works exetremely well with Virtua Tennis 3....I'm tempted to get an Xbox 360 steering wheel now.
    Ironically enough I've noticed the sub-par Mad Catz arcade stick has been reduced to 13 Euro in Game. Not bad when you consider you get three free arcade games with it; Frogger, Astropop and Time Pilot(Which I really like).

Is this the one whose base looks like a square?

Is this the one whose base looks like a square?

Yes it's this horrible looking thing.

http://www.dignews.com/admin/screenshoot/mad_catz_360_arcade_stick.jpg

That price seems ok too. You do get 3 arcade games for buying that piece of garbage.

You also get a moddable PCB ;)

Advertisement