Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Primera lamp

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to change one of the lamps in the headlight assembly, can't figure out what type of lamp voltage / polarity it would take.

I've attached a picture showin the location of the bulb.

It looks similar to one of these:

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8013

But I'm not sure if this would work as a replacement? Is there a change of damaging the electrics with the wrong type of bulb?

Also some sites mention T10, T20 or H1, H4 codes for headlights, what do these numbers mean?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd just buy the bulb from a Nissan dealer, much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Pull out the blown bulb and take it to motor factors or are you wishing to replace it with an led type thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

First of all. What year is your Primera?

Those bulbs are called Wedge Bulbs or 501's WSW

They are a direct change to the regular halogen type bulbs. These are not dipped or full beam bulbs.

These will have a white colour with a hint of Xenon blue effect. You will need to buy bulbs to match these.

I use this website in the UK. Very fast and you get these 501's bulbs free if you buy something over €15.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

Free delivery(obviously built into the price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

Thanks for the replies.

My Primera is a 2002 P12 model. I have an NCT next week which I forgot about, so I think its best to buy these in person at this stage.

The current bulbs are blue LED's installed by the previous owner. I guess they would need to be regular white/yellow bulbs for the NCT?

Also, where can I find a Motor Factors shop? The website www.motorfactors.ie mentions a shop in Trim. I live near the city center, are there any auto parts shop around here?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you go for normal bulbs as opposed to LED's, you don't have to worry about polarity.

• Advertisement

yes, i hope to get regular bulbs rather than LED's.
    Any idea where the Motor Factors shop is in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

If you need a place close to town, Allied Auto Spares on 75A Leeson st Upr (near Sachs Hotel) Donnybrook, Dublin 4, near the junction of Waterloo Road should be able to help. Other than that, on the north city Capel Street has a lot of car spares places.

Thanks! Capel street is near to where I work, I'll walk by there tomorrow. Cheers.

Advertisement