Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

About 5yrs ago I was walking home from town with my 13yr old son. A Nigerian girl (i'm not being racist or anything, just describing her to set the scene) of about 16 was walking ahead of me with a younger boy, prob her brother. She was carrying a bag of shopping. They were getting on my nerves 'cos they were eating sweets and throwing the wrappers away as they walked, even passing bins. I was getting angrier and angrier and I wasn't in the best of moods this day so I caught up with her and pointed to a bin we happened to be passing and said 'there's a bin there if you need it'. She totally ignored what I said just walked on and continued to drop her wrappers willy nilly on the pavement. After a minute or two my young fella turned to me and said 'Mam, look, she should be careful what she throws away', in his hand he had €20 that he'd spotted blowing among her sweet wrappers. I took a few quick steps to catch her up to give her her money but just before I reached her she turned right round, smirked at me, held her arm outstretched and dropped the empty packet on the ground.
    Well I was in a total dilemma but the turn for my home was coming up , I dithered and fretted and we ended up keeping the money. Is that terrible?

I promised my son we'd give it to charity, can't remember what I did with it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I would have kept the money and slapped the b1tch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Ann22 wrote: »
    About 5yrs ago

Jaysus who would care at this stage:rolleyes:

I hope you spent it on something useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

A Nigerian girl (i'm not being racist or anything, just describing her to set the scene) .

Jebus, what's wrong with 'A girl'?

" I'm not being racist but.." I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beamish

About 5yrs ago I was walking home from town with my 13yr old son. A Nigerian girl (i'm not being racist or anything, just describing her to set the scene) of about 16 was walking ahead of me with a younger boy, prob her brother. She was carrying a bag of shopping. They were getting on my nerves 'cos they were eating sweets and throwing the wrappers away as they walked, even passing bins. I was getting angrier and angrier and I wasn't in the best of moods this day so I caught up with her and pointed to a bin we happened to be passing and said 'there's a bin there if you need it'. She totally ignored what I said just walked on and continued to drop her wrappers willy nilly on the pavement. After a minute or two my young fella turned to me and said 'Mam, look, she should be careful what she throws away', in his hand he had €20 that he'd spotted blowing among her sweet wrappers. I took a few quick steps to catch her up to give her her money but just before I reached her she turned right round, smirked at me, held her arm outstretched and dropped the empty packet on the ground.
    Well I was in a total dilemma but the turn for my home was coming up , I dithered and fretted and we ended up keeping the money. Is that terrible?

I promised my son we'd give it to charity, can't remember what I did with it.

I'd have used the money to teach them how to write in reasonable english. Using paragraphs and that type of fancy stuff.

That kind of education stays with one for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i would have put on the 3.30 at kempton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

The Master wrote: »
    Jaysus who would care at this stage:rolleyes:

I hope you spent it on something useless

haha, yeah it is a long time ago alright!! Yeah you should give it to charity. Or maybe put it in a card for your son's 18th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Would have kept it, you were manerly to her once, she didnt deserve you to be manerly twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Photi wrote: »
    Jebus, what's wrong with 'A girl'?

" I'm not being racist but.." I love it.

It's terrible but I think I was more aggravated 'cos she was foreign. It was like a visitor coming into your home and making a mess. At the time I worked with a lovely Kenyan lady, who was one of the nicest people I've known. She would think nothing of putting down tools and spending a shift helping others and end up getting feck all done herself. It takes all sorts I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

i would have put on the 3.30 at kempton

Actually 2.30 Sunderland may have been a better deal :D

OP, so this happened 5yrs ago and you decide to start a thread in AH about it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A few suggestions for you
    • Knitting
    • Cleaning
    • Cooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What would i do? I would have gotten over it 5 years ago ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Would have adopted an African kid with it through Goal or concern and made sure he knew better than to throw papers on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, after five years I sincerely hope this thread gives you closure.

Kiera wrote: »
    What would i do? I would have gotten over it 5 years ago ;)
    I haven't been fretting about it ever since, just been posting here since the summer. I was just wanted to tell everybody my wee story.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I haven't been fretting about it ever since, just been posting here since the summer. I was just wanted to tell everybody my wee story.:o

Ah i'm only having a laugh, hon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I dont condone sexual abuse, but....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

very wise;), you'd have been eaten alive for saying anything negative about foreigners 5 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Get very annoyed when i see people littering. Went through a "cool" phase of littering, in about my early teens i'd say. Got over it pretty quick though and now i absolutely abhor anyone littering!

Have to comment as others have however, that her race isn't of any relevance. Also i dunno why people say "Nigerian" when they really could only mean black (unless you knew she was from Nigeria from other evidence). *shrug*

Would have kept the money. She clearly couldn't have given a fiddlers about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I told em!

"We've got a litter problem" says them.

"It's the blacks" says I.

CtrlSource wrote: »

Have to comment as others did however, that her race isn't of any relevance.

and her sex is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

MooseJam wrote: »
    and her sex is ?

Let's not go nuts!

• Advertisement

CtrlSource wrote: »
    Get very annoyed when i see people littering. Went through a "cool" phase of littering, in about my early teens i'd say. Got over it pretty quick though and now i absolutely abhor anyone littering!

Have to comment as others have however, that her race isn't of any relevance. Also i dunno why people say "Nigerian" when they really could only mean black (unless you knew she was from Nigeria from other evidence). *shrug*

Would have kept the money. She clearly couldn't have given a fiddlers about it

She looked Nigerian. Tall and slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beamish

They all look like that. Black and poor. no food = skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Racist AND sizeist.

*harummph*

MooseJam wrote: »
    and her sex is ?
    Or her age?
    We need less emphasis on race, sex and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Oshare Bones

I would have shot her. Shot her dead. Twice.

Ah Jeeeebus!!!!!!!! I'm sorry I opened my mouth now.:D She was very pretty I hasten to add. My Kenyan pal decribed how African races differ in appearances. Strangely she struggled to tell me apart from some of our co-workers 'til she really got to know me.

Ah Jeeeebus!!!!!!!! I'm sorry I opened my mouth now.:D She was very pretty I hasten to add. My Kenyan pal decribed how African races differ in appearances. Strangely she struggled to tell me apart from some of our co-workers 'til she really got to know me.

You saying all us paddys are crackers and look the same?

;)

which are the ones with the huge asses ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Or her age?
    We need less emphasis on race, sex and age.

And more emphasis on their religion and beliefs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Would this be a good time to mention that twenty quid you owe me Ann? :D

Advertisement