Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

good thread, hopefuly the dumb bítch figured out who had her money after a good hard think about what she did on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If television advertisements have taught us nothing it has taught us that people appear dirtier the more they litter. Maybe she wasn't black at all, maybe she was just a real intensive litterer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ann22 wrote: »
    About 5yrs ago I was walking home from town with my 13yr old son. A Nigerian girl (i'm not being racist or anything, just describing her to set the scene) of about 16 was walking ahead of me with a younger boy, prob her brother. She was carrying a bag of shopping. They were getting on my nerves 'cos they were eating sweets and throwing the wrappers away as they walked, even passing bins. I was getting angrier and angrier and I wasn't in the best of moods this day so I caught up with her and pointed to a bin we happened to be passing and said 'there's a bin there if you need it'. She totally ignored what I said just walked on and continued to drop her wrappers willy nilly on the pavement. After a minute or two my young fella turned to me and said 'Mam, look, she should be careful what she throws away', in his hand he had €20 that he'd spotted blowing among her sweet wrappers. I took a few quick steps to catch her up to give her her money but just before I reached her she turned right round, smirked at me, held her arm outstretched and dropped the empty packet on the ground.
    Well I was in a total dilemma but the turn for my home was coming up , I dithered and fretted and we ended up keeping the money. Is that terrible?

I promised my son we'd give it to charity, can't remember what I did with it.

Nazi........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

not yet wrote: »
    Nazi........

No they're called litterers.

Nazi's were the lads who used to round murdering people and invading their neighbours. Litterers on the other hand throw rubbish about.

• Advertisement

I would've picked it up, walked up to her, said "ne-ner finders keepers" and walked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Sand+gee=long memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Feck charity, I would have pocketed the twenty and spent it on myself.
    That bitch deserved a slap though - you could have taught your son a valuable lesson about the perils of littering if you had decked her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Feck charity, I would have pocketed the twenty and spent it on myself.
    That bitch deserved a slap though - you could have taught your son a valuable lesson about the perils of littering if you had decked her.

That's right. Nothing's better for a child's development into adulthood then exposure to violence at an early age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Naos wrote: »
    She was setting a scene. If you were telling a story would you say a "car" hit a tree or a "nissan almera" hit a tree?

It's called being descriptive, get off your PC high horse.

OP: If she'd have done that, I'd have kept it and probably thrown a tenner into a charity box.

No fan of PC myself but no need in the context of the story to describe what the girl looked like. Her behaviour was the issue. Blatanly racist and out of order tbh. Veracity of story is questionable full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

topper75 wrote: »
    No fan of PC myself but no need in the context of the story to describe what the girl looked like. Her behaviour was the issue. Blatanly racist and out of order tbh. Veracity of story is questionable full stop.

Plus it took her 5 years to make it up and post on After Hours which shows a very slow, racist imagination at work.

What?? "Blatantly racist", me bollox!

Of course it has a point to the story. OP pointed out that she felt it made the littering worse that it was being done by a non national who's a guest of the nation so to speak. That's her opinion and she's more than entitled to it. It's a perfectly valid point.

The veracity of the story is questionable is it? Because in your post you claim to think so? Do you reckon people would go round making up a story about littering? Really? Do you actually think that?

"No fan of PC myself but" . . . . :rolleyes: Posted like a knight in shining armour on a quest for a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Dinter wrote: »
    What?? "Blatantly racist", me bollox!

Of course it has a point to the story. OP pointed out that she felt it made the littering worse that it was being done by a non national who's a guest of the nation so to speak. That's her opinion and she's more than entitled to it. It's a perfectly valid point.

The veracity of the story is questionable is it? Because in your post you claim to think so? Do you reckon people would go round making up a story about littering? Really? Do you actually think that?

"No fan of PC myself but" . . . . :rolleyes: Posted like a knight in shining armour on a quest for a quest.

Littering becomes more anti-social if you are not originally from the country is it? LOL - Oi Love - your'e a guest of the nation, don't think you can litter like me! I was born here. No need to physically describe the litterer in the story. It is completely irrelevant. The only possible grounds by which one could include this detail is if you have some sort of issue with Nigerians. That is why I feel this story is racist.

At any rate, that is all it is - a story. What prompts somebody to post today about something that happened 5 years ago in all fairness! Whole thing smells of urban myth. I do actually think people make up stories, yeah. Hear em all the time off cabbies. People who have racist issues like to spread lies about the group they don't like. New to you?

I don't like PC cos it has people walking on eggshells, but racism is worse than PC and this story incites racial hatred. Well out of order mate. Indefensible.

Littering becomes more anti-social if you are not originally from the country is it? LOL - Oi Love - your'e a guest of the nation, don't think you can litter like me! I was born here. No need to physically describe the litterer in the story. It is completely irrelevant. The only possible grounds by which one could include this detail is if you have some sort of issue with Nigerians. That is why I feel this story is racist. .

She stated she thought it was worse. That's up to her and she's every right to say it. It's not racist in the slightest despite your desperate need to make it so.
    At any rate, that is all it is - a story. What prompts somebody to post today about something that happened 5 years ago in all fairness! Whole thing smells of urban myth. I do actually think people make up stories, yeah. Hear em all the time off cabbies. People who have racist issues like to spread lies about the group they don't like. New to you?

Littering as an urban myth? :rolleyes:
    Spreading lies about littering? :rolleyes:

Holy Jebus!
    I don't like PC cos it has people walking on eggshells, but racism is worse than PC and this story incites racial hatred. Well out of order mate. Indefensible.

You're a double negative really. You don't like pc because it "has people walking on eggshells" yet you think the mere mention of a persons race is "indefensible" racism??

Haha. I can just imagine Ann22 in Bavarian beer halls "inciting" racial hatred with lurid tales of littering. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I don't quite know how to respond to that comment? Are you being funny? Do you seriously think I'd make that up? Why would I possibly invent a story like that? Especially about someone from a different race-that would be pure sh*t stirring. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned her race but I was just telling the story as it happened.

Are you new to the internet by any chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Damn foridners stealing out sweets...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It's funny that people are so quick to jump on people for being racist all the time. Seriously, it's as if you can't say anything in this country without being given a label like racist, sexist, or whatever.

I can understand that some people might say racist things and not mean them, but ignorance isn't an excuse. I really think for people to make such claims they have to educate themselves as to what racism actually is and not jump the gun because something sounds racist when in fact it may not be that way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It's funny that people are so quick to jump on people for being racist all the time. Seriously, it's as if you can't say anything in this country without being given a label like racist, sexist, or whatever.

I can understand that some people might say racist things and not mean them, but ignorance isn't an excuse. I really think for people to make such claims they have to educate themselves as to what racism actually is and not jump the gun because something sounds racist when in fact it may not be that way at all.
    You'er an ignorancist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

You'er an ignorancist!

Ah, I see what you tried do there... and failed. Better luck next time mate! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Op didn't say she was black, she said she was Nigerian. Are ye saying there aren't any white Nigerians? Racists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

This post appears to be anything but 'made up'. If the OP was a racist there would be a hundred better crimes to come up with to slag off our foreign friends than throwing sweet papers on the ground. The 'Nigerian' word was obviously irrelevant but purely added innocently without a hidden agenda. All you PC freaks really make me sick!!!

Personally I would have given her a slap but then again you can only get away with slapping 'white' girls in this country:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Op didn't say she was black, she said she was Nigerian. Are ye saying there aren't any white Nigerians? Racists...

Excellent!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

T

Personally I would have given her a slap but then again you can only get away with slapping 'white' girls in this country:):):)
    Good to know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

A Nigerian girl (i'm not being racist or anything, just describing her to set the scene)

How do you know she was Nigerian? Or do you just mean black?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The only possible grounds by which one could include this detail is if you have some sort of issue with Nigerians. That is why I feel this story is racist.

At any rate, that is all it is - a story. What prompts somebody to post today about something that happened 5 years ago in all fairness! Whole thing smells of urban myth. but racism is worse than PC and this story incites racial hatred. Well out of order mate. Indefensible.

You obviously haven't read any of my other posts where I talk about a black friend of mine, who I'm genuinely fond of. I'm not racist regardless what you say. I was not intending to incite racial hatred, if i was going to make up a story to do so i would've said the girl was kicking the crap out of her wee brother the whole way down the road not throwing away sweet papers. She was a cheeky brat regardless of where she was from and it's not as if I said all Nigerians in my area throw rubbish around, it was only one girl one time, I just didn't think when I was telling my story that it would cause such controversy, I'm sorry now I mentioned where she was from. I told this story many times 'cos I was so p*ssed off about it, I also had a niggling feeling that I kept money belonging to somone else and was hoping for reasurrence that I did the right thing.

Ah don't pay any attention Ann22. Some people just love having their cause celebre to bleat on about. Gives them an opportunity to whinge and wipe a tear and feel really good about their humanity which is apparently so much better than anyone elses.

Personally I reckon she threw the 20 quid away on purpose because being a foreigner she probably got it from the welfare office just for turning up and it wouldn't fit in her handout filled wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

You dont have to apologize for your views on our Nigerian community. I agree wholeheartedly with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Varkov wrote: »
    You dont have to apologize for your views on our Nigerian community. I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I only had a negative opinion of that girl that one time, i'm sorry i mentioned she was Nigerian. It was careless of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TheSpoon

If this foreign litter lout had posted here for advice and began
    "I was walking home with my little brother and dropped €20 when this 'white' girl picked it up......................"

How many of you would say she was racist? None , exactly!!!!!!

Now cop on and get over it. 'Nigerian' was obviously used in the story as a mere adjective.

• Advertisement

jesus i'd pay money to have been in ur position!

she'd have def known i had her money :P i wud hav taunted the fuk out of her

Advertisement