Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography in 1 year..

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm repeating this year and have taken up Geography as a subject. It seems like quite a lengthy subject(3 books).

Have any of you got any pointers on how I can go about doing the course..
    What are the main things I should focus on?

I am not getting any outside help on this , doing it all on my own so any help is appreciated..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

It's certainly possible.

The option section is worth 25%, and *seemingly* the easiest one is geoecology. That's what i did last year and am repeating. I wrote out essays, memorised them and got full marks. Dead handy.
    Just prepare ones like...
    - Irish soils
    - Human impact on soils
    - Human impact on a biome
    - Characteristics of a specific biome- mention climate, flora, fauna, soils, etc
    (And other ones no doubt, but they're the ones that have sprung to mind for me.)

Something on rocks/ plate tectonics/ etc always comes up too- make sure you know it.
    And of course the good old reliable OS Maps and of course aerial photos. Just know how to draw them/ read them correctly and it's really nice points.
    There's load smore stuff of course... but there's a few pointers!

Advertisement