Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Near Castlebar

Options
  • 22-10-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Lads

anyone know any decent spots near castebar for some pike fishing on shore.? off there the weekend

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Wrong thread mate I think you want Angeling..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 garymaxima

Due to the rapid increase in illegal fishing, I would like to suggest that members do not post details of venues up on a thread. This information is free for all to see and if innocent anglers can find venue details here, so can poachers. This is now a major nationwide problem and the damage it is doing could well be devastating to the sport in Ireland.

On some waters, anglers feel it is already too late. We have already seen a decline in fish numbers, in particular the areas within easy reach of Dublin. This activity is also having a negative impact on the economy, with many anglers not returning to Ireland for their fishing holidays. In some cases there have been UK anglers coming here every year for over 20 years and they now feel that a trip over to fish here is no longer worth the money. This has a very negative effect on hotels, b&b’s, shops, restaurants, tackle shops and many other services located close to the waters that the visiting angler intends to fish. And in the current economic climate, we really should be doing all we can to help ourselves. We are fast losing our reputation as an angling hotspot.

If anybody wants to discuss particular venues with people they know then use the personal message (pm) system. This way it keeps waters a little more private and gives the fish a little more security. Also, it is now the responsibility of every angler to keep their eyes and ears active for any breaches of the fishing laws in Ireland. If you are unsure of the laws, you can find them here;

http://www.cfb.ie/fishing_in_ireland/Angling%20Regulations.htm

any suspicious activity should be reported to both the regional fisheries board and the gardai. A lot of work needs to be done here, lads but I’m sure if we all pull together we can beat this scourge. Anglers are the unofficial water keepers of the country. And with us now moving into economic uncertainty, I can almost guarantee that no funding will be allocated to this, so it is up to us. If you still want to be able to go fishing in 10 years time, now is the time to do something.

Advertisement